2005 draft compared to the others...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kafka

Mar 1, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
2003 draft is (and was) a high quality draft with depth... while in the 2004 draft, it seems that about 10 players should make the big league eventually for sure.

How would you guys rate the 2005 draft compared to others?

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Kafka said:
2003 draft is (and was) a high quality draft with depth... while in the 2004 draft, it seems that about 10 players should make the big league eventually for sure.

How would you guys rate the 2005 draft compared to others?

The '05 draft should have a great top 5, as for comparisions, I'd say not as good as '03 but better then '01. Tough for me to really say, I haven't seen that many '05's yet, but from what I've seen, read and some scouts I've talked with, '05 will be a good one.

CH Wizard

In the '05 draft a legend will come his name his Sydney Crosby !!!!

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
monster_bertuzzi said:
...Daigle was supposed to be the ''legend'' from 1993 as well. ;)

Daigle never ever had the attitude Crosby does. His attitude and look on the game is being compared to Gretzky. I mean he's only 16 and he handles all the media and popularity so well...with all the pressure on him he continued to have an awesome year.

Kafka

Mar 1, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
montreal said:
The '05 draft should have a great top 5, as for comparisions, I'd say not as good as '03 but better then '01. Tough for me to really say, I haven't seen that many '05's yet, but from what I've seen, read and some scouts I've talked with, '05 will be a good one.

Is the 2004 draft that bad? I mean, what past draft looks similar to it?

pittengineer

Jan 1, 2004
Kafka said:
Is the 2004 draft that bad? I mean, what past draft looks similar to it?

I would consider it close to 2001. Kovalchuk and Spezza were both up for the #1 overall pick(about 70/30 respectively). Were consider the top of the class. After those two you had a drop off, a few picks there(maybe up to Ruutu), and then another drop off.

Compared to this year, I would put Ovechkin in Kovalchuk's position. I think Malkin is and will be better than Spezza, but its comparable. Drop off followed by Olesz, Barker, and maybe 1 or two more depending on how you have them rated. And then another drop off to end it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad