Status
Not open for further replies.

CharlieGirl

Thank you Mr. Snider
Jun 24, 2003
Kitchener, ON
Visit site
Juan said:
You've got to be kidding me. I've seen Kitchener play 5 times and Kindl has been awful in his end each time. He doesn't know how to throw a body check. He gets rattled from the forecheck most of the time and you can always count on him to overhandle the puck way too much. Not saying he can't learn, but his positioning in trying to neutralize forwards in front of the net is also ineffective.

Some of this might be attributed to coming over from Europe and playing a different, more physical style. Still, I don't recall Rusty Klesla having these kinds of issues in his own end.

That said, he is a smooth skater with soft hands. He is very smart bringing the puck up through the neutral zone. He is OK on the point on the PP, but again has a tendancy to overhandle the puck and try to dangle.

Bottom line: this kid was being touted as a possible #3 overall, and has been massively underwhelming in that context.
There's no question that he's not a physical defenseman (I wasn't expecting him to be though), but he's played well. His first couple of games, he did make mistakes, but over the past couple of games he's played extremely well. I haven't seen him flustered, and he's made some plays that some veteran defenders would have difficulty with. Keep in mind that he's only played 8 games in North America. I think he'll only keep improving as he gets more comfortable with our game.

mad chemist

Jun 24, 2004
quebec city
I would have some question about Guillaume latendresse.

Is he like steve bernierwith a lot of fat or his 220 pounds are fill with muscle?

What kind of hockey does he plays?(playmaker, sniper, physical, floater, or anything that would be usefull to know)

mad chemist

Jun 24, 2004
quebec city
At least Steve Bernier was "fat" during his draft year because i don't know where i took it but his conditioning was poor and just before the draft he has been able to lose 10 pounds of fat so if latendresse if has a good conditionnig it would be great.

But when i said fat it was because of his poor conditionning.

X-SHARKIE

I saw Kindl durring an U-18 game, I have no recolection of him playing in thunderbay? Although I think you meant my friend who lives there, but i'm not going into this again.... Rogers sportsnet broadcasts, local broadcasts,Eastlink.ca, TSN.... Junior hockey is out there my friend if you just look, and ask people for help. Also satalite gets alot of games, especially NCAA...let alone the live games I attend...so just give me a break.

Edit: Steve Bernier trimmed down after the draft, but it was really obvious this summer, he doesn't look fat at all any more, he looks alot! more lean. I'm surprised every time I watch him how fast he is really.

Speaking of watching him, I saw him two weeks ago vs Cape Breton on eastlink

Last edited:

Sag96

Mar 27, 2003
Visit site
what about Stanislav Lascek he is playing pretty good like last seasson same this seasson his numbers 13 games - 9 goals - 20 pass ?????????????????
i think he should be frist two rounds.Everybody says his skating is bad but he is working hard on this part.he is also frist scorer in the Q !!

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
mad chemist said:
At least Steve Bernier was "fat" during his draft year because i don't know where i took it but his conditioning was poor and just before the draft he has been able to lose 10 pounds of fat so if latendresse if has a good conditionnig it would be great.

But when i said fat it was because of his poor conditionning.

Latendresse was always a big kid, he hasn't gained much weight or height since his first season in CCL when he was a double underager. He was then listed as 6'1 210 lbs. he's now, 6'2 225 lbs, so I think he's eliminated a lot of that ridiculous babyfat in three years. He's a good hitter as well, a very effective power forward. He's got playmaking skills to boot as well.

mad chemist

Jun 24, 2004
quebec city
Leachmeister2000 said:
Latendresse was always a big kid, he hasn't gained much weight or height since his first season in CCL when he was a double underager. He was then listed as 6'1 210 lbs. he's now, 6'2 225 lbs, so I think he's eliminated a lot of that ridiculous babyfat in three years. He's a good hitter as well, a very effective power forward. He's got playmaking skills to boot as well.

He seems to be a very interresting player but i thing he seems to get injury a bit often (iwould not say he is injury prone but...) You would compare him to witch nhl player.

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
Sag96 said:
what about Stanislav Lascek he is playing pretty good like last seasson same this seasson his numbers 13 games - 9 goals - 20 pass ?????????????????
i think he should be frist two rounds.Everybody says his skating is bad but he is working hard on this part.he is also frist scorer in the Q !!

Good point! Based on numbers (all we have so far) he's the next best thing to Sidney.

gabpas

Jan 25, 2003
Aylmer
Visit site
mad chemist said:
I would have some question about Guillaume latendresse.

Is he like steve bernierwith a lot of fat or his 220 pounds are fill with muscle?

What kind of hockey does he plays?(playmaker, sniper, physical, floater, or anything that would be usefull to know)

No fat apparently, just an all around solid player and according to many a better player than Bernier. If that's the case he will be a top pick if not top 5 in the next draft which is where the preliminary rankings have him rated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad