2005-2006 Endorsement Deals

Dryden

Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
Are we only suppossed to pay half the endorsement money now and the other half after the cutoff point? If so, why does it look like all the money has come out now?

Fan.At

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2002
HFNHL Preds
I would like to sign up for Montain Due if that is still possible.

Tony, Preds GM

Last edited:

Sep 23, 2005
Hamilton
San Jose would like to get out of the TSN deal. It's not looking like its going to happen with less than stellar home attendance thus far. :shakehead

Tampa GM

Mar 1, 2002
Visit site
Southwest Airlines
Criteria: Team must have a player who scores 10 or more power play goals in the regular season.
Cost Fee: $1,000,000
Revenue: $2,000,000
Teams: Tampa Bay

I would like to cancel this one. I guess it cost me .500K but there is no way anyone on my team will score 10PP goals now when I might have traded someone.

HFNHL Commish

Feb 28, 2002
At this juncture, the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim have decided to back out of their endorsement deal with ABC Sports, as management deems 80% attendance highly unlikely given the team's ticket prices and revenue structure.

kasper11

Feb 27, 2002
New York
Visit site
I would just like to lament the fact that I didn't sign up for the Mountain Dew....
Gervais already hit the 30 point mark,
O'Sullivan was an All-Star,
Hunter has 95 points so far,
Phillipe Dupuis has 85 points so far

and a few other players would have a decent chance if Dupuis faltered. Oh well.

Pandastyle

PowerAde
Player’s team CANNOT endorse Pepsi Cola Company
Criteria: Team must have a player 25 or younger who scores 25 or more goals in the regular season.
Revenue: $2,500,000

Does this apply to goals in the NHL or the HFNHL? This kinda determines whether I keep this one or not.

-Andrew, EDM GM

kasper11

Feb 27, 2002
New York
Visit site
Pandastyle said:
PowerAde
Player’s team CANNOT endorse Pepsi Cola Company
Criteria: Team must have a player 25 or younger who scores 25 or more goals in the regular season.
Revenue: $2,500,000

Does this apply to goals in the NHL or the HFNHL? This kinda determines whether I keep this one or not.

-Andrew, EDM GM

That is for the HFNHL.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Minnesota gives up on:

Air Canada Airlines
Criteria: Team must have a player who scores 3 or more shorthanded goals in the regular season.
Revenue: $2,000,000
Teams: Minnesota

Just not enough penalties called. Was a dumb move.

Mandaou

Mar 6, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Flyers Opt Out Of Ford Deal

League Policy

Commitment and Risk
To enter into an agreement you must make a commitment and pay the “Cost†fee before the start of the season. This money comes out of your team’s budget immediately. You may cancel your endorsement deal anytime BEFORE your 42nd regular season game is played, however you will only receive 50% of the “Cost†fee back.

(APH) The Flyers regret to inform the league that they will opt out of the Radio Deal. Too poor of start in attendance and not enough home games left with St. Louis and SJ. :)

Last edited:

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
The Columbus Blue Jackets have reached agreement with Tim Hortons and The Home Depot to exit their sponsorship arrangement for the remainder fo the 2005-06 season, despite a recent and dramatic upturn in performance from starter Martin Brodeur. It seems the "New HFNHL" has made it prohibitively dfifficult for any goaltender to have a reliable chance at either target.

[AKA the Jackets are backing out of the Tim Horton's and Home Depot endorsement deals]

The Jackets announced that despite their precarious position attendance-wise, they would continue to pursue their broadcast deal, as well as home-ice advantage in the first round of the 2006 playoffs. This is call out to all Columbus fans, and hockey fans and general, to help their team meet the cost of their impressive roster be being sure to come out to see their home games at Nationwide Arena, one of the fan-friendliest venues in the HFNHL!

[*** EDITED during official "rethink" week, as posted below in this thread: the Jackets are NOT opting out of any endorsemenet deals. Go Martin!***]

Last edited:

HFNHL Red Wings

Detroit backs out of the ABC Sports Deals.

Despite the fact I'm gambling a bit (especially on knocking someone out in the 1st round - if I even stay in the playoff picture) I'll stick with the others.

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Ohio Jones said:
The Columbus Blue Jackets have reached agreement with Tim Hortons and The Home Depot to exit their sponsorship arrangement for the remainder fo the 2005-06 season, despite a recent and dramatic upturn in performance from starter Martin Brodeur. It seems the "New HFNHL" has made it prohibitively dfifficult for any goaltender to have a reliable chance at either target.

[AKA the Jackets are backing out of the Tim Horton's and Home Depot endorsement deals]

The Jackets announced that despite their precarious position attendance-wise, they would continue to pursue their broadcast deal, as well as home-ice advantage in the first round of the 2006 playoffs. This is call out to all Columbus fans, and hockey fans and general, to help their team meet the cost of their impressive roster be being sure to come out to see their home games at Nationwide Arena, one of the fan-friendliest venues in the HFNHL!

Given the week to review the situation, the Jackets are going to stick by their endorsement deals and ride Brodeur all the way to the promised land.

Of course, it would help if I could remember to put him in net... (did we sim two nights? I could have sworn I wasn't due to play the Blackhawks until tomorrow. Oh well, you barely got the win against Leighton, Dry, so I'm pretty confident about Brodeur's chances of shutting you down in the playoffs.

Or, you know, not... :dunno:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad