2005-2006 Endorsement Deals and the WJC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tampa GM

Mar 1, 2002
Visit site
Tampa Bay prospect Alexander Edler was today selected in the preliminary Swedish roster for the upcoming WJC event in Vancouver. He will participate in a training camp in Sweden between 11-15/12 and then hopefully fly back to BC to participate in the World Juniors. Now to my question, Mr Edler is on track to score those 60 points to earn my franchise 1.000.000$, he has now 26 points in as many games.

If he plays in the WJC he will miss 8 games, would that be taken into consideration when we see if he has passed his goals after the season? I mean is it still 60 points that is requiered even though he will not be able to play in all games?

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Tampa GM said:
If (Edler) plays in the WJC he will miss 8 games, would that be taken into consideration when we see if he has passed his goals after the season? I mean is it still 60 points that is requiered even though he will not be able to play in all games?

Yes, it is still 60. No allowances are made for players who miss time due to the WJC, sorry.

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
Tampa GM said:
Tampa Bay prospect Alexander Edler was today selected in the preliminary Swedish roster for the upcoming WJC event in Vancouver. He will participate in a training camp in Sweden between 11-15/12 and then hopefully fly back to BC to participate in the World Juniors. Now to my question, Mr Edler is on track to score those 60 points to earn my franchise 1.000.000$, he has now 26 points in as many games.

If he plays in the WJC he will miss 8 games, would that be taken into consideration when we see if he has passed his goals after the season? I mean is it still 60 points that is requiered even though he will not be able to play in all games?

I believe Edler's participation in the WJC makes him eligible for other endorsement levels, like being on the tournament all-star team. You may lose a chance at one, but you gain another.

Ville Isopaa

Feb 27, 2002
Helsinki, Finland
Visit site
talking about endorsements, I'm halfway in on getting a max of 4m already. Bobby Ryan and Stanislav Lascek are both tearing it up in the CHL with 60 and 65 points. Ondrej Pavelec is clearly the top goalie in the Q in SV% and Eric Fehr is scoring at a point a game in his rookie season in the AHL. All but Fehr will most likely play important roles on their WJC teams and challenge for the tournament all-star team.
I also have a bunch of other guys who could get me the money would one or two of these guys miss significant time.

Tampa GM

Mar 1, 2002
Visit site
Hopefully I will also have four players who scores enough so I have 4.000.000$ Speaking of this, how many games do they play in the OHL and WHL? Around 80 games just like the big league or less?

Alexander Edler is now on track to score 60 points.

Dan Ryder needs to improve some to be able to score 100 points

Corey Locke has started pretty good and has 18 points so far, only 40 required.

Patrick Thoresen has 16 points(One point so far in the game tonight) and needs another 14 in the final 24 games.

Before the season started I was hoping that Salmonsson would score 100 as well, now I should be lucky if he scores 10 points :)

Marcus Paulsson also started the season great in Finland with 9 goals in the first 10 games or so, ever since he has been scoreless.

Ville Isopaa

Feb 27, 2002
Helsinki, Finland
Visit site
Tampa GM said:
Hopefully I will also have four players who scores enough so I have 4.000.000$ Speaking of this, how many games do they play in the OHL and WHL? Around 80 games just like the big league or less?

Alexander Edler is now on track to score 60 points.

Dan Ryder needs to improve some to be able to score 100 points

Corey Locke has started pretty good and has 18 points so far, only 40 required.

Patrick Thoresen has 16 points(One point so far in the game tonight) and needs another 14 in the final 24 games.

Before the season started I was hoping that Salmonsson would score 100 as well, now I should be lucky if he scores 10 points :)

Marcus Paulsson also started the season great in Finland with 9 goals in the first 10 games or so, ever since he has been scoreless.

Sorry Martin, but Thoresen is too old to qualify for the Mountain Dew. He's born in 83

Tampa GM

Mar 1, 2002
Visit site
Mountain Due
Eligibility:
1/ the player must be 21 years or younger as of Sept 30th, 2005.
2/ the player must have played in less than 40 NHL games during their career
3/ the player must remain unsigned and on the team’s prospect list

Patrick Thoresen is born on Nov 7 1983 which means he was only 21 as of Sep 30th 2005.

and btw Thoresen added two more points in the game and only needs 12 more..

Ville Isopaa

Feb 27, 2002
Helsinki, Finland
Visit site
Tampa GM said:
Mountain Due
Eligibility:
1/ the player must be 21 years or younger as of Sept 30th, 2005.
2/ the player must have played in less than 40 NHL games during their career
3/ the player must remain unsigned and on the team’s prospect list

Patrick Thoresen is born on Nov 7 1983 which means he was only 21 as of Sep 30th 2005.

and btw Thoresen added two more points in the game and only needs 12 more..

Damn skippy, you are correct.. well, here's to him making it! :cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->