2005/2006 draft combined!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Flyers Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Seachd said:
I doubt they would "make up" the draft order. They would do something that at least resembles fair.

But it wouldn't be fair to teams that have already traded picks. When the Flyers, for example, traded their 3rd rounder, that's what they were trading. Not the equivalent of a late 1st/early 2nd or whatever.

Yes, but teams can move up and down in the draft rather quickly from year to year. A team that got the 8th pick this year, could very easily become a playoff team and have the 22nd pick. Likewise a team could drop like a rock.

There will be no perfectly fair way to do it, but IMO drafting based on a real season results is better than trying to someway fabricate the draft order.

cvandenberg

Oct 19, 2003
draft debate

Thanks for the dialogue on this issue. Lance Hornsby in the Toronto Sun this week stated that holding 1 draft was a definite option, so we will see how it shakes out. When I refresh the list I will add Sheppard and Mueller to it.

Chris

54Fisticuffs

Jan 10, 2005
In my opinion holding two drafts just a week or two apart without having a season held in between the drafts to determine the drafting order is an unfair process.

I would be all for bumping up the draft age to 19, to skip one year.

John Flyers Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
TSN had a clip with Damian Cox and Eric Duhatsuk (sp?) ... and they talked that the big-market teams are pushing for a full on lottery.

All 30 teams would have equal chance at the top pick. Draft order would be completely random.

NYR469

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
John Flyers Fan said:
TSN had a clip with Damian Cox and Eric Duhatsuk (sp?) ... and they talked that the big-market teams are pushing for a full on lottery.

All 30 teams would have equal chance at the top pick. Draft order would be completely random.

gee thats a big surprise, teams like det and col would like a system were they could get crosby too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad