2005-14-01 Drummondville-Gatineau player's report

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guig

Jun 17, 2003
Qc
I saw the game Drummondville-Gatineau on TV. Here is a little player's report of Guillaume Latendresse and Petr Pohl based on what I saw and what I heard:

RW Guillaume Latendresse 1987-05-24 6'02" 222 :

Positive:
As everybody already know, he's a big kid. He' 6-2 222 at 17. With time, he will be able to grow a little bit more and add weight to his frame. His size makes him strong and solid on his skate. His good speed, agility and acceleration makes him an effective skater. He's a decent stickhandler and he's strong on the puck. Also, his strenght allow him to deliver big hits.

Negative:
The major weakness (And IMO the most important ability for a hockey player) in his game IMO is his vision of the game. Even if he is an effective skater, he seems to waste his skating ability. His poor vision makes him ineffective passer and he has bad hand-eye coordination. He has diffculty to see where are his teammates to give them the puck. Also, his poor vision affect his positioning game. As I said he seems to waste his skating ability beacuse he don't go in the good direction. You know to be at the rigth place at the right time, it's totally the opposite when you're talking of Latendresse. He's vulnerable in his own zone and I think the reason why his offensive production isn't higher is his offensive positioning. Another big weakness in his game is his work ethic. Sometimes he's invisible and with his lack of determination, he's an ineffective forechecker. Also, inconstancy is another weakness in his game. Sometimes he made a pretty good presence on the ice, sometimes he is totally invisible.

RW Petr Pohl 1986-08-28 5'11" 170 :

Positive:
Amazing speed, acceleration and agility. He's very talented. I like what I saw from him in this game. Pretty good deking ability and stickhandling. He's an explosive player that can easily beat a defenseman in a 1-1 situation. He can go from his own zone to the offensive zone using his great combination of skill and speed.

Negative:
I think he should pass the puck more often. The biggest weakness in his game is his lack of strenght. Sometimes he seems to be afraid of physial play.

Chaz Johnson: I liked what I saw from him: character, physical play and great speed.

I have to say it was the first time I saw Pohl and I heard very few things on him so feel free to argue or comment.

Blackshad

Oct 12, 2002
What a physical game heh? :)
Its not many game that we can see 4 fights... in the first minute alone!!!

I really liked Pohl out there.. He seemed to have the same type of play of Vrbata.

Guig

Jun 17, 2003
Qc
Blackshad said:
What a game physical game heh? :)
Its not many game that we can see 4 fights... in the first minute alone!!!

3 fights in 9 seconds...

Blackshad

Oct 12, 2002
He fought Joanisse, a much bigger player than him.. but joanisse is not a fighter. That was not a good fight.. much more a wrestling match.
As for a scouting report i dont know i havent pay much attention to him.

Guig

Jun 17, 2003
Qc
nomorekids said:
i'm guessing that if there were fights, Fugere was involved. What can you tell me about that...and...his game, in general?

Honestly he was neither good, nor bad. He was invisible exept when he fights against Joanisse. Fugere looks stronger than Joanisse. But like Blackshad said it wasn't really a fight.

Last edited:

QcS

Sep 13, 2003
au Québec!
Visit site
Fugere has already had many concussions and it might be a problem for him in the future. Other than the fact that on some nights he plays physical, there is nothing in his game that indicates that he would ever have a chance at making the NHL.

I've seen him play for the better part of the last 2 and a half years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad