2004 U-17 World Hockey Championships?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newfie Bruin

Apr 30, 2003
NL
Visit site
2004 U-17 World Hockey Championships

Does anyone know anything about this? If there are any highly talented prospects in this tourney? This is because it is being held in St. John's, NL were i live and i was wondering if i should get tickets for it.

Thanks

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
This you would love to go to. All the best players in Canada, USA, RUssia, Germany, Slovakia, and Finland sends a so so team over. The one I went to had Marc-Andre Fleury, Rick Nash, Nikolai Zherdev, Eric Staal, Jeff Tambalini, Braydon Coburn, Martin Vagner, Peter Kanko, Jakub Kories, Jakub Klepis, Vladisalv Evseev, Anton Babchuk, Patrick O'Sullivan, Mark Stuart, Patrick Eaves to name a few big big names that I can remember.

This years one might be more talented here are a few prospects who should be there that are worth the waite and to watch:

Western Teams:
Gilbert Brule
Daniel Bertram
Mike Gauthier
Jonathan Toews
Chris Durand
Carey Price
Tanner Stockwell
Brock Bradford
Devin Setoguchi
Adam Hobson
Nick Drazenovic
Zach Hamill
Keegan Dansereau

Ontario:
Chris Lawrence
ANdrew Cogliano
Patrick McNeill
Brian Little
Tony Rizzi
Marc Staal
Ryan O’Marra

Russia:
Alexander SOpin
Alexander Vasyunov
Vitaly Anikeenko
Andrei Kiryukhin

USA:
Jeff Frazee
Jason Lawrence
Phil Kessel
Peter Mueller
Chad Morin
Jack Skille
Bobby Ryan (if there)
Jack Johnson
Carter Camper (If there)

Atlantic:
Crosby (should have been there, but WJHC will take him instead)
Daniel Ryder
Luc Bourdon
Ryan Mior

Quebec:
J-P Levasseur
J-P Paquet
Romy Elayoubi
Gulliame Latendresse
Francis Charland
Mathieu Carle
M-A Cote
Benjamin Breault (should be there)

Newfie Bruin

Apr 30, 2003
NL
Visit site
Daniel Ryder is from Newfoundland...where i am from..Newfies rule!!
He is suppose to better than his brother (is better now than Michael was at his age)

Anyways, i wasn't awhere that this was this big!!

I definitely should get tickets for it.

Any future first rounders/stars!!

Steelerman

Dec 19, 2002
Manitoba
Visit site
If the USA hockey website is correct, and no injuries crop up on their tournament in Europe this week, this should be their roster:

Birnstill, Scott F
Blasé, Bill G
Cahill, Chris F
Felde, Erik D
Foligno, Nick F
Fraser, Jimmy F
Frazee, Jeff G
Gentile, Brandon D
Gerbe, Nathan F
Inman, David D
Johnson, Jack D
Jones, Zach D
Kemp, John F
Kessel, Philip F
Lawrence, Jason F
Lawrence, Nathan F
MacVoy, Zach F
Mitera, Mark D
Morin, Chad D
Mueller, Peter F
Skille, Jack F
Stoa, Ryan F
Stuart, Mike D

Saprykin Fan

Sep 8, 2002
Visit site
hey

watch out for my buddy sutts (brett sutter),(darryl's son) he'll kick some butt out there, hes on team pacific, go get them brett.

paul99

Sep 5, 2003
Montreal, PQ
In the meantime, you can read this about U17. The Source: eurohockey.net

"The Russian U17 team wins an unique game against the United States

A Four Nations Tournament is taking place in Magnitogorsk, Russia featuring teams from the United States, Russia, Slovakia and Switzerland. All four teams made it to the remote Russian town safely, however, the U.S. found itself with a unique problem before the start of its exhibition game against Russia yesterday. Only 13 players' equipment arrived in time for the game, leaving the U.S. Under-17 Team unable to field an official team. But that didn't stop the teams. The U.S. played with 13 skaters and borrowed the Russian backup goalie to be its own net minder for the game. The result of the impromptu scrimmage was an 8-4 Russia win."

joe blow

Oct 31, 2002
Visit site
GOBRUINS19 said:
2004 U-17 World Hockey Championships

Does anyone know anything about this? If there are any highly talented prospects in this tourney? This is because it is being held in St. John's, NL were i live and i was wondering if i should get tickets for it.

Thanks

I can't tell you much about the talent level, but it should definately be sweet. I live in Mount Pearl, and I am trying to decide what to do about tickets. I think if Crosby plays for team atlantic, I will buy a Mile One package. If not, I will buy single game tickets for both venues so I can see the Russians and Finns play, plus some games for team Atlantic. I think the rosters get released some time in early December, but I could be wrong.

Steelerman

Dec 19, 2002
Manitoba
Visit site
I went to a lot of the games in 2001/02 when they were held in Selkirk/Stonewall. It was good stuff, and the list of talented players is tremendous. Alexandre Ovechkin, Jakub Sindel, Al Montoya, T.J. Hensick, Adam Pineault, Nathan Horton, Ryan Suter, Braydon Coburn, Dion Phaneuf, Anthony Stewart, Ryan Getzlaf, Jeff Carter, Brent Seabrook, Steve Bernier, Eric Fehr, Mike Richards, Corey Perry and Shawn Belle (first rounders in 2003 or projected in 2004) all played in the tournament, and that's not including other good prospects like Vrana, Glazachev, Stone and V. Polak. I suspect that this tournament won't be any different. If I weren't stuck in the Prairies I'd go in a heartbeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->