OT: 2004 Stanley Cup Finals

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
Calgary. I usually root for the underdog. Also, I couldn't stand RDS d****ucking and asslicking of Lecavalier, St.Louis and Perrin.

Strik_IX

No excuses!
Jun 11, 2007
Montréal
The Flames. What a great run they went on, I didn't care much when they beat Vancouver but when they beat the Red Wings I was on their bandwagon. Should have won the Cup, game 6 they got robbed of the Cup!

I was rooting for the Flames and indeed they did, I still don't understand how that play didn't go into review, it was the cup winning goal >.<

Habskrieg

Apr 6, 2008
Germany
I hate Lecavalier. Back in that series, he was being an ass. Calling us a bad team, even after they had just won the series. Was bad mouthing and discrediting us a lot. Ever since, I've find the guy to be a major *******. That year, I wanted the bolts to lose due to him.

Afterwards, there were all the talks of wanting to trade for him. Which I'm glad we never did. But they were annoying as hell. Plus, he was big on Quebecers here. Fans really wanted management to offer a deal for him. But the guy never ever wanted to play for us to begin with. And somehow, it was management's fault. Kind of like Briere. It just adds to the hate.

I like Stamkos and St-Louis, but absolutely loathe Lecavalier. **** him.

LightningStorm

Lightning/Mets/Vikings
Dec 19, 2008
Pacific NW, USA
I don't see teams as being Canadian or American based on city so this whole Cup being in the states thing is no big deal to me when it's not at the cost of the Habs. That said, since everyone makes a big deal of it, I've always wanted Montreal to be the last Canadian city to win. And the next. I was...slightly relieved, when the Lightning won. Was getting tired of that red mile stuff. That and despite beating us on the way, Vinny and Marty are hometown boys. Didn't appreciate them in that second rd, though. The Habs are a very American team FTR. Still Montreal's team. (Reverse is pretty much true for Tbay.)

This is one of the reasons why I'm surprised this poll isn't in favor of Tampa more. Since Canadians make a big deal about the cup returning to a team in Canada, I'd imagine that Hab fans would enjoy rubbing it in that they are the last team north of the border to win it.

When it comes to national pride: Olympics, so I'm quite content.
That's what I don't get about Canadians who root for other teams north of the border after their team is out. Isn't rooting for Canada suppose to be for the Olympics and other national tournaments? If a team from Canada and USA play each other in the SCF, I won't automatically root for the team from the US; I reserve that for the Olympics.

If you care who I cheered for in the 3 cups finals following this one, I went for Edmonton over Carolina, Anaheim over Ottawa, and Vancouver over Boston.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
This is one of the reasons why I'm surprised this poll isn't in favor of Tampa more. Since Canadians make a big deal about the cup returning to a team in Canada, I'd imagine that Hab fans would enjoy rubbing it in that they are the last team north of the border to win it.

I'll speak for myself when I say this but I feel that ship has sailed. 20 years have passed and its stupid to hang onto that at this point.

Burke the Legend

Feb 22, 2012
Tampa for sure. What do I care about Calgary? Can't be mad about them sweeping the Habs, clearly Montreal did not belong.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Easily tampa, was hard to not like lecav at the time for me, and st louis and richards to boot

but mostly because i lived in ile-bizard at the time and really hoped he'd win and bring the cup over so i could see it (he did win, and did bring it and i got to see it for my own eyes) and it was a thrill

Frankenheimer

Sir, this is an Arber
Feb 22, 2009
MTL
I don't identify with the rest of Canada at all, especially Calgary for some reason. And didn't identify with TB either. I love Marty St-Louis though.

LightningStorm

Lightning/Mets/Vikings
Dec 19, 2008
Pacific NW, USA
I also must ask, weren't the Habs and Flames once sort of rivals in the late 80's after you guys played them in the SCF in 1986 and 1989? Then again, even if a rivalry did exist, I'd imagine that it would've cooled off by 2004.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad