2004 Sniper

Status
Not open for further replies.

leafaholix*

That's a dumb question (Richard one).

But Jakub Sindel is a goal scorer... T.J. Hensick as well.

Kev88

Co-Founder of LaPasserelle
Nov 30, 2003
Canada
www.lapasserellehockey.com
Renegade said:
Wotjek Wolski seems to be a pretty good goal scorer.

Interesting... It's the first time I hear that Wolski is a great Goal scorer. ;) Maybe you're right. I think he's a bit more of a passer but he did scored some goals to be considered as a good scorer. And he's only 18.

TeamPlayer

Jan 11, 2003
Thanx for all the input, but if you had a chance to roll the dice on one guy, who would it be? Besides Ovechkin of course! :dunno:

X-SHARKIE

Vanman said:
Thanx for all the input, but if you had a chance to roll the dice on one guy, who would it be? Besides Ovechkin of course! :dunno:

Well. As long as you know i'm just saying, "Sniper" a guy who can purely just snipe a shot past the goalie better then the rest...(except Ovechkin). It would Be Sindil or Lisin. Tukonen has the ability to score but I never really seen him just beat a goalie with a pure accurate shot.

THE NEXT ONE #87

Dec 18, 2003
Zurich
Visit site
Vanman said:
Besides Ovechkin, who would be your choice to lead the 2004 class in pure goal scoring? Will any of them challenge for the Rocket Richard trophy in their prime?

First of all...!

Do you mean the 2004 Draft class or the 2004 Rookies???

I don't think Sindel, Tukonen, Wolski etc... have the chance to win the Richard Trophy. Because they WON'T play in the NHL next year. They have to improve their game in Europe or in the junior Leagues.... Only Malkin, Olesz and Ovechkin will play next year and maybe Barker.

M. Koivu will have a great impact next year. He's a great playmaker like Saku!
A. Steen will make his debut for the Leafs (I know they aren't snipers!)

and many others will give Ovechkin a hard battle for the rookie of the year.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
THE NEXT ONE #87 said:
First of all...!

Do you mean the 2004 Draft class or the 2004 Rookies???

I don't think Sindel, Tukonen, Wolski etc... have the chance to win the Richard Trophy. Because they WON'T play in the NHL next year. They have to improve their game in Europe or in the junior Leagues.... Only Malkin, Olesz and Ovechkin will play next year and maybe Barker.

M. Koivu will have a great impact next year. He's a great playmaker like Saku!
A. Steen will make his debut for the Leafs (I know they aren't snipers!)

and many others will give Ovechkin a hard battle for the rookie of the year.

I think he means '04 Draft class when they hit their prime. Not playing in the NHL next year only rules out the 04-05 Richard Trophy.

CoolburnIsGone

With all these names thrown out there, which of these guys AREN'T floaters?? When people say sniper, I automatically think..."well is he going to play defense at all?" FL had a pure sniper in Pavel Bure at the time...but he never played defense and was a floater. I'm not saying that they should be Selke finalist but at least be non-floaters. So who amongst the group of Wolski, Schremp, Sindel, Lisin, Picard, & McGrath can play enough defense to not be a liability on the ice if they aren't scoring goals?? FL could use a top line sniper, especially on the left side.

Kev88

Co-Founder of LaPasserelle
Nov 30, 2003
Canada
www.lapasserellehockey.com
RichPanther said:
With all these names thrown out there, which of these guys AREN'T floaters?? When people say sniper, I automatically think..."well is he going to play defense at all?" FL had a pure sniper in Pavel Bure at the time...but he never played defense and was a floater. I'm not saying that they should be Selke finalist but at least be non-floaters. So who amongst the group of Wolski, Schremp, Sindel, Lisin, Picard, & McGrath can play enough defense to not be a liability on the ice if they aren't scoring goals?? FL could use a top line sniper, especially on the left side.

I think Wolski can do it, Picard too. And their +/- rating are good. Picard is +15 (first of his team) and Wolski is +6 (second of his team)

BlackJack21

Nov 6, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
RichPanther said:

I'm tired about this **** about defense...

For sure it's important. I'm not under estimate the value of a thight defensive awareness.

But geez it's important for a 25-30 goal scorer.

When you talk about guys like Bure an Kovalchuck, these guys are just too dawm explosive to be juge for there lack of D.

If they are not loosy defender, good we have a perfect player. In not, I ca live with that.

BJ21

Mizral

Sep 20, 2002
Earth, MW
Visit site
monster_bertuzzi said:
Malkin, easily

Can't believe it took that long for someone to mention him.

Malkin perhaps has the best goal scoring instincts over anyone in the draft, outside of Alexander Ovechkin. I really wonder why the guy is so overlooked, especially after the World Juniors tournament he had in which I thought he was the best Russian player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad