2004 Offensive UPSIDE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Mr.Brownov said:
That would be Alex Ovechkin.
You live in Canada, right? Crosby's already been hyped as much as Ovechkin has, and still has a year to go.

I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Reveille said:
How in the WORLD could you possibly say Ladd has a higher offensive UPSIDE than Schremp!?!?

It depends how you look at this thread. In a sense, Ladd could have a higher offensive upside since that part of his game isn't fully realized yet. Schremp's a gamebreaker who can't really show much more.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
jcorb58 said:
I agree Schremp will get every opportunity to take a top line job in Edm. I like a player that is confident. Reminds me of the good old days.

Torres Schremp Smyth

nope It'll be

Smyth - York - Dvorak
Torres - Schremp - Hemsky.

magic :)

X-SHARKIE

I dont' know why in fact that Andrew Ladds game is so criticized on these boards.

Now i'm not his hugest fan, I do like him.

One thing you can never over look is how a guys offensive game well translate to the NHL. That's what I love about a guy like Thomas Vanek, everything he is doing at College and now at the AHL level to score, is going to work in the NHL.

Ladd is big, very smart, and has a great nose for the net, and he scores the tough goals. He'll be a good player folks, I don't think he should have went 4th overall, but he the pick was a hell of alot better then the Wheeler at 5 one lol. Don't overlook Ladd.

leafaholix*

X-SHARKIE said:
I dont' know why in fact that Andrew Ladds game is so criticized on these boards.

Now i'm not his hugest fan, I do like him.

One thing you can never over look is how a guys offensive game well translate to the NHL. That's what I love about a guy like Thomas Vanek, everything he is doing at College and now at the AHL level to score, is going to work in the NHL.

Ladd is big, very smart, and has a great nose for the net, and he scores the tough goals. He'll be a good player folks, I don't think he should have went 4th overall, but he the pick was a hell of alot better then the Wheeler at 5 one lol. Don't overlook Ladd.
You love every prospect.

leafaholix*

X-SHARKIE said:
Untrue, I really disliked Enver Lisin pre draft, In my last post I just said I didnt like the pick of Ladd at 4 and WHeeler at 5. I don't get were your taking me with this one?
I'm not taking you anywhere. It just seems like you have a love on for a lot of prospects.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Rabid Ranger said:
It depends how you look at this thread. In a sense, Ladd could have a higher offensive upside since that part of his game isn't fully realized yet. Schremp's a gamebreaker who can't really show much more.

But as of now, I don't even think it's close. I don't think you cna possibly say it is.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Reveille said:
But as of now, I don't even think it's close. I don't think you cna possibly say it is.

Personally, I don't think it will ever be close. Schremp will always possess and display a higher degree (maybe much higher) of offensive skill. I was just trying to weed out the possible rationale of the post I was responding to.

Mr.Brownov*

Seachd said:
You live in Canada, right? Crosby's already been hyped as much as Ovechkin has, and still has a year to go.

Crosby is the most hyped player since Gretzky :amazed:
I'll might be hype on Crosby once he starts playing with and against men.

leafaholix*

markov` said:
1. Rotislav Olesz
2. Robbie Schremp

Andrew Ladd is not in the same league as the others when we talk about offensive upside.
I don't think Olesz is in the same league as Radulov when we talk about offensive upside.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Leafaholix said:
I don't think Olesz is in the same league as Radulov when we talk about offensive upside.

Agreed. I think Radulov has a lot of Havlat in him. And Schremp looks a bit like Weight when he is on the halfboards.

Hence my picks there.

The other players have great potential for sure, but top 2 offensively I have to stick with Radulov and Schremp

X-SHARKIE

I like what you just said about Olesz Markov and I for one like him alot..... This is a guy that I really like and I think was the 4th best player in the draft in 2004..... The thing is, you really gotta watch him closely to appreciate his skills more then a guy whose stats pop out at you. Olesz also appears to be ready to contribute now at the NHL level IMO and should be signed next year and at least show what he can do in the AHL.

I think if he doesn't get hurt by Phaneuf at the WJC's, the book on Olesz is totally different and Florida never gets this guy.

J-D

Feb 27, 2002
the dizzle!
Visit site
Seachd said:

Well, we sure heard that Ovechkin was the next best prospect since Lemieux, better than Kovalchuk, etc. Hence, Crosby would be the most hyped prospect since Ovechkin! :banghead: :blush:

Mizral

Sep 20, 2002
Earth, MW
Visit site
Vincent Lecavalier was compared favourably to Mario Lemieux too. I'd say while Crosby is the most hyped, I think in terms of projection, Lecavalier was the highest projected NHL draft pick in a long, long time. Since Lindros or Daigle.

jcorb58

Sep 28, 2004
Jay Thompson said:
Vincent Lecavalier was compared favourably to Mario Lemieux too. I'd say while Crosby is the most hyped, I think in terms of projection, Lecavalier was the highest projected NHL draft pick in a long, long time. Since Lindros or Daigle.
The Micheal Jordon of hockey- Art Willams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad