2004 NHL Entry Draft List

Status
Not open for further replies.

cvandenberg

Oct 19, 2003
I have read some of the posts, and actually seen some of these players play. My friend is an OHL referee and gives me additional info on prospects, etc. Here is my top 30 (with first hockey cards for anyone who is interested), tell me what you think:

1. Alexander Ovechkin, LW, Dynamo (01/02 Dynamo #15)
2. Evgeni Malkin, C, Magnitogorsk
3. Cam Barker, D, Medicine Hat (M. Hat 02/03 #25)
4. Rostislav Olesz, C, Vitkovice (Czech 01/02 OFS #316)
5. Rob Schremp, C, London (Quebec PeeWee '99 #1196)
6. Wojtek Wolski, LW, Brampton (Quebec PeeWee '00 #0319)
7. Lauri Tukonen, C, Espoo
8. Adam Pineault, RW, Boston College (Quebec PeeWee '99 #0158)
9. Devan Dubnyk, G, Kamloops (Kamloops Blazers 02/03 #30)
10.Wes O' Neill, D, Notre Dame
11.Drew Stafford, C, North Dakota
12.Evan McGrath, C, Kitchener (Quebec PeeWee '00 #1276)
13.Ladislav Smid, D, Liberec
14.Kyle Chipchura, RW, Prince Albert (Prince Albert 02/03 #17)
15.Marek Schwarz, G, Sparta Praha
16.Enver Lisin, D, Dynamo
17.Jakub Sindel, RW, Sparta Praha
18.Bryan Bickell, LW (Quebec PeeWee '00 #1267)
19.Ryan Garlock, C, Guelph Storm (Guelph 02/03 #15)
20.Alexandre Picard, LW, Lewiston
21.Vaclav Meidl, LW, Plymouth
22.Mike Green, D, Saskatoon (Saskatoon Blades 02/03 #3)
23. Mike Card, D, Kelowna (Kelowna Rockets 02/03 #4)
24.Viktor Aleksandrov, LW, CSKA Moscow (RHL 02/03 #42)
25.Julien Ellis, G, Shawinigan (Quebec PeeWee '00 #0486)
26.Mitch Maunu, D, Windsor
27.Lukas Kaspar, RW, Czech Republic
28.Richard Demen-Williaume, Sweden
29.Jonathan Sigalet, D, Bowling Green (Quebec PeeWee '00 #604)
30.Michal Sersen, D, Rimouski

Others who just missed the cut because of poor play this season, injuries, or the simple fact that these players are better:

Peter Pohl, RW, Gatineau; Peter Tsimilakis, C, Ottawa; David Bolland, LW, London; Carl Soderberg, RW, Sweden; Victor Oreskovic, LW, Green Bay; Alvaro Montoya, G, Michigan; AJ Thelen, D, Michigan State; Joe Barnes, C, Saskatoon; Tyler Haskins, LW, Guelph; Kevin Mailhiot, LW, Drummondville; Jan Steber, LW, Halifax; John Lammers, C, Lethbridge; Mark Fistric, D, Vancouver; Jean-Michel Rizk, RW, Saginaw; Tyler Kennedy, C, Soo Greyhounds; Johannes Salomonsson, F, Sweden; Nick Fugere, RW, Gatineau

If you have any input or want to see a scan of one of the cards, please feel free to reply or e-mail me at [email protected]

Avery4Byng*

take Barnes off the honourable mention and add Blake Comeau of the Kelowna Rockets

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
Jordan Smith could challenge for a spot late in the first round or early in the second. He's a big, tough as nails defenceman for the Soo Greyhounds. You could probably put Smith on instead of Jean-Micheal Rizk who has struggled so far this year.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Very good List.

Pohl in my opinion will be a 1st rounder no doubt about it. He just has so much potential, and is already pretty good. He isnt THAT small. He is listed as 5'11 but so was Hemsky when he was taken 13th overall.

cvandenberg

Oct 19, 2003
Pohl

La-La-Laprise said:
Very good List.

Pohl in my opinion will be a 1st rounder no doubt about it. He just has so much potential, and is already pretty good. He isnt THAT small. He is listed as 5'11 but so was Hemsky when he was taken 13th overall.

Pohl is good, but is he another Petr Vrana? Vrana had over a point a game in the Q and still was only a second rounder (a third rounder on most lists) by the Devils.

cvandenberg

Oct 19, 2003
jordan smith

Boomhower said:
Jordan Smith could challenge for a spot late in the first round or early in the second. He's a big, tough as nails defenceman for the Soo Greyhounds. You could probably put Smith on instead of Jean-Micheal Rizk who has struggled so far this year.

Thnaks for the input, I'll take a look at him. Rizk is starting to bounce back, I heard from by buddy who refs in the OHL that he had a nagging injury that carried over from training camp. He's over it now and back on the powerplay, etc.

cvandenberg

Oct 19, 2003
Chipchura

Qubax said:
Will Chipchura be an offensive threat...?

Chipchura is alot like Calgary's Ryan Getzlaf, except a better skater. He is almost averaging a point a game in the WHL this season and is in the Top 15 in league scoring as a 17 year old. He has the ability to put the puck in the net. I wouldn't call him a sniper, but he is a solid, physical hockey player.

cvandenberg

Oct 19, 2003
Bruce Graham

Brock said:
I'd say thats a very solid list, solid input.

Thanks Brock. There is one name I forgot. Bruce Graham of Moncton is a huge centreman (6-4 220) and is playing with Steve Bernier. His skating isn't out of this world, but he is averaging almost a point a game now in the QMJHL. He is going to be a solid second round pick. 6-4 centremen don't grow on trees.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
cvandenberg said:
Pohl is good, but is he another Petr Vrana? Vrana had over a point a game in the Q and still was only a second rounder (a third rounder on most lists) by the Devils.

True, but Pohl isnt as small as Vrana. Pohl right now is 5'11 185. Vrana at the draft was 5'10 170.

I know they are essentially the same, but at 185 lbs teams might not be so scared to take him Pohl high.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Is Ellis the best goalie coming out of the Q this year ? If yes it's a poor year for the Goalie farm .

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
cvandenberg said:

This draft isn't as deep as last years draft, if Vrana was in this years draft he would be a 1st rounder for sure IMO, he should have been one last year. Hey Patrice Bergeron was a 2nd rounder last year and made the NHL before most 1st rounders from the draft.

Pohl IMO will be the top player from the QMJHL this year, his stickhandling is possibly the best in the QMJHL and the excitment he creates on the ice is unreal.

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Jozeph_Balej said:
Is Ellis the best goalie coming out of the Q this year ? If yes it's a poor year for the Goalie farm .

yes he is and Ellis is pretty good IMO. I seen him play here and a few games at the Canada Winter Games and he is really good.

-HIFK-

originally posted by cvandenberg
7. Lauri Tukonen, C, Espoo
Doesn´t the player have to be 18 years old, before he is eligible for the draft? Tukonen will be 17 years old during next summer´s draft.

Tukonen will turn 18 on September 1, 2004.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
I believe the player has to be 18 by a certain date, which isn't necessarily the draft day...I think it is X number of days before the season starts.

Captain Ron

Jun 9, 2003
Gardnerville, NV
Visit site
Hey cvandenberg,

Just a couple of problems with your list.First of all Victor Alexandrov is not a first round pick by any means.There are probably at least a dozen other draft eligible players in the RSL rated higher than him.He probably will go mid 2nd round.Also he doesn't play for CSKA Moscow.He plays for metallurg Novokuznetsk.

Maybe put defenseman Kirill Lyamin in there.He is rated much higher than Alexandrov.

Doug Evinou

Jan 25, 2003
Hamilton
Visit site
MrKnowNothing said:
I believe the player has to be 18 by a certain date, which isn't necessarily the draft day...I think it is X number of days before the season starts.

the cut off day is Sept 15th 1986... ovechkin missed last year's draft by two days (born sept 17th).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad