2004 IIHF WJHC First Team All-Stars?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canadian

Mar 1, 2002
Markham, Ontario
I was just wondering who all of you think will be on the 2004 IIHF WJHC First Team All-Stars? Also, who do you think will take the MVP of the tournament. These are my selections:

MVP - Zach Parise (USA)
Best Forward - Zach Parise (USA)
Best Defenceman -
Best Goaltender -

2004 IIHF First Team All-Stars
Goaltender -
Defence - Sami Lepisto (Finland), Dion Phaneuf (Canada)
Forwards - Zach Parise (USA), Anthony Stewart (Canada),

I have left off the goaltender spot for both the First Team All-Stars and the best goaltender in the tournament because it is virtually a toss up between the many goalies. No goalie has really stood out in this tournament, but hopefully by the Gold Medal Game, there will be a goalie who steals a game for their team. Fleury (Canada), Montoya (USA), Schwarz (Czech Republic), and Toivonen (Finland). I think the front-runner is Alvaro Montoya. Fleury hasn't looked like the same goaltender from last year's tournament. Statistically, Hannu Toivonen doesn't have great stats. However, I don't know if Montoya has been really tested, so I guess we will see in the Semi-finals, since Finland did beat USA in the exhibition and Montoya was pulled. So it will be interesting.

As for the best defenceman, I think that will be up for grabs, statistically, Lepisto has the inside track. However, Phaneuf is feared by many in the tournament, though he hasn't really knocked the wind out of anyone yet. Also, I can't forget Team USA's D-men, maybe one of them will finally jump out. Well, I will definitely get a chance to watch their team tomorrow (Double Header on TSN).

Lastly, I have lefted off a spot for the forwards on the First Team All-Stars, once again that is up for grabs and I honestly have no idea who will take that spot. Ovechkin? Hudler? Werner? Dawes?

frosty

Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
MVP: So far Zach Parise
Best Forward: Zach Parise
Best Defenseman: Dion Phaneuf
Best Goaltender: Al Montoya

First Team Allstars:
Goalie-Al Montoya
Defensemen-Sami Lepisto-Dion Phanuef
Forwards-Anthony Stewart-Zach Parise-Sergie Anshankov

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
At this point I would have the top 3 forwards as Parise, Stewart, and Filppula. However, I believe on the actual all-star team they pick a center, left wing, and right wing, so it definitely won't end up being those 3.

I_r_1337

Jun 10, 2003
Washington D.C.
Visit site
Epsilon said:
At this point I would have the top 3 forwards as Parise, Stewart, and Filppula. However, I believe on the actual all-star team they pick a center, left wing, and right wing, so it definitely won't end up being those 3.

I've heard a few people state that Semin was Russia's best player...However he's the one who threw the blind pass up the middle that was picked off for the winning goal..or so I understand. So hopefully something like that(yeah it's horrible but the save sounds very makeable) wont take away his recognition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->