24. NY Rangers - Petteri Nokelainen
25. Edmonton - Jeff Schultz
26. Vancouver - Dave Bolland
27. Washington - Bruce Graham
28. San Jose - Jakub Sindel
29. Washington - Viktor Alexandrov
30. Tampa Bay - Kirill Lyamin

Go ahead blast away! :beatup:
- It's said that Tukonen isn't NHL ready for 2-3 years so maybe the Hawks will scare that away from him, but you'll never know. With another Fin tearing it up for the Hawk, why not select Lauri. Back in 2001 Hawks very pi$$ed that they drafted Ruutu.

- Anaheim is pretty deep in the goaltending department and I heavily doubt that they will select a goalie. The team needs defense defense, oh I almost forgot defense.;) IMO Coates will select the BDA (Best Defenseman Available.)

- L.A. Wow they have a couple of awesome Defensive prospects (Gleason, Grebshenkov-spell?) L.A. will take Marek Schwarz, if he's still on the board. A few Kings fans might also be okay, if the team pick up Picard.

- I'll be shocked, if the Habs take Schwarz, because I am convinced that he'll be gone already. The team is in needs of a little upgrade of there defenseman glut and if Meszeros or Valabik (LA will NOT take him) are still on the board, the Canadiens will select on of them. On the other hand I read that some fans are also favoring Chipchura.

- I'm sure that Wes O'Neill will be drafted in the first round.

CuSa_1

Feb 15, 2004
TomACE said:
- It's said that Tukonen isn't NHL ready for 2-3 years so maybe the Hawks will scare that away from him, but you'll never know. With another Fin tearing it up for the Hawk, why not select Lauri. Back in 2001 Hawks very pi$$ed that they drafted Ruutu.

- Anaheim is pretty deep in the goaltending department and I heavily doubt that they will select a goalie. The team needs defense defense, oh I almost forgot defense.;) IMO Coates will select the BDA (Best Defenseman Available.)

- L.A. Wow they have a couple of awesome Defensive prospects (Gleason, Grebshenkov-spell?) L.A. will take Marek Schwarz, if he's still on the board. A few Kings fans might also be okay, if the team pick up Picard.

- I'll be shocked, if the Habs take Schwarz, because I am convinced that he'll be gone already. The team is in needs of a little upgrade of there defenseman glut and if Meszeros or Valabik (LA will NOT take him) are still on the board, the Canadiens will select on of them. On the other hand I read that some fans are also favoring Chipchura.

- I'm sure that Wes O'Neill will be drafted in the first round.

Thanks for the constructive criticism, anyone else?

thestonedkoala

Well I would say Radulov > Picard for the Wild. We need someone like Radulov more than Picard...

CuSa_1

Feb 15, 2004
thestonedkoala said:
Well I would say Radulov > Picard for the Wild. We need someone like Radulov more than Picard...

damn, see now I thought you would be ecstatic that I gave you guys something other than a goalie. ;) :D

Seriously, thanks for the comments, I'll revise my draft later. :yo:

thestonedkoala

**** Minnesota needs everything after their ****** mangement doesn't sign a lot of their draftees

Mat0109

May 24, 2004
Montreal
Montoya will never be pick before Schwartz and if it happen, the Habs will never pick an other goalie! Chipchura, Meszaros or Lyamin would be a better pick! Let see what happens!

Mat0109

May 24, 2004
Montreal
thestonedkoala said:

I think Minnesota will pick a guy like Picard, an other french canadien. But if nobody take him, that will never happen, the Habs will take him right away with their 18th overall
:yo: But I know it will never happen :banghead:

Kick Save

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
TomACE said:

As a Ducks fan, I can tell you that Anaheim is not "pretty deep in the goaltending department." Gerber has made his displeasure at being a backup well known. I expect him to be traded at the Entry Draft. If not, then some time within the next six months. (My hesitation is a more of function of the uncertainty of the CBA and the chaos in the Ducks' organization caused by the unanticipated departure of Brian Murray.)

Bryzgalov is highly regarded, but I'm not certain that he has the mental stability to be a number one goalie in the NHL. He has had a couple of "breakdowns" (e.g., leaving the ice and refusing to go back into the net during the playoffs) that make me very uncomfortable. The only other goalie in the organization (besides Jiggy) is Eddie Ferhi---not exactly a household name.

Still, I don't expect the Ducks to draft a goalie at number 9. If they do, I think they'd favor Schwarz over Montoya.

I also don't agree with your "BDA" (Best Defenseman Available) theory. I think they'll go with the Best Player Available. My best guess is that they'll wind up with either Stafford or Picard.

Flames Draft Watcher

Feb 27, 2002
Calgary
Visit site
With Sutter in charge and wanting a say in the 1st rounder I highly doubt you'd see Calgary take a skilled euro who has some consistency and physical play questions. That's not to say it won't happen but it's not very likely. You can tell some of his favourite attributes by how the Flames play. He likes skill no doubt but you've also got to have speed and heart and physical play.

Mat0109

May 24, 2004
Montreal
Kryoptix said:
I would be more happy by schwarz than chipchura !

Schwartz? He's a goalie and we have a lot of young goalie! Theodore is only 28, Garon 26 and Damphousse 25! We also have Michaud and an other one. I will not be surprise that the Habs take a guy like Churchill with their 3rd round pick but not before! Picard, Chichura, Mesraros and Pineault (who knows?) will be great choice for the Habs, but not Schwartz!

Habsolument

Jul 14, 2003
St-Lambert, Qc
Visit site
I don't think that the Habs need a goalie before let's say the 5th-6th round(depends on who is available where). Michaud, Halak and Danis are all under 22. We mostly need help on the blueline and power forwards/big center.

Safir*

Kick Save said:
As a Ducks fan, I can tell you that Anaheim is not "pretty deep in the goaltending department." Gerber has made his displeasure at being a backup well known. I expect him to be traded at the Entry Draft. If not, then some time within the next six months. (My hesitation is a more of function of the uncertainty of the CBA and the chaos in the Ducks' organization caused by the unanticipated departure of Brian Murray.)

Bryzgalov is highly regarded, but I'm not certain that he has the mental stability to be a number one goalie in the NHL. He has had a couple of "breakdowns" (e.g., leaving the ice and refusing to go back into the net during the playoffs) that make me very uncomfortable. The only other goalie in the organization (besides Jiggy) is Eddie Ferhi---not exactly a household name.

Still, I don't expect the Ducks to draft a goalie at number 9. If they do, I think they'd favor Schwarz over Montoya.

I also don't agree with your "BDA" (Best Defenseman Available) theory. I think they'll go with the Best Player Available. My best guess is that they'll wind up with either Stafford or Picard.

Point taken, but please tell me, what other potential NHL Defenseman (doubt he'll ever play in the NHL) than Popovic are among the Ducks prospects? Okay with signing of Rome there's one other potential Top 6 D-man, but behind those two??? Today's D-man aren't among the best in the NHL and they're also getting old Havelid is 31, Ozolinsh is 31, Carney is 34 and Salei is 29. Injecting some youth on defense is IMO neccessary.

I can also see that the Ducks will try to trade up to pick up Cam Barker, but that's just speculation from my part.

jt2004

Apr 18, 2004
thestonedkoala said:
**** Minnesota needs everything after their ****** mangement doesn't sign a lot of their draftees

If your referring to Brust I believe the Wild came to the conclusion he wasn't going to be a great pro.

Kick Save

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
TomACE said:
Point taken, but please tell me, what other potential NHL Defenseman (doubt he'll ever play in the NHL) than Popovic are among the Ducks prospects? Okay with signing of Rome there's one other potential Top 6 D-man, but behind those two??? Today's D-man aren't among the best in the NHL and they're also getting old Havelid is 31, Ozolinsh is 31, Carney is 34 and Salei is 29. Injecting some youth on defense is IMO neccessary.

I can also see that the Ducks will try to trade up to pick up Cam Barker, but that's just speculation from my part.

No question that the Ducks can use some help on the blueline, but it's not as bad as you make it sound. First, you failed to mention either Vishnevski (who's 24 or 25) or Skoula (who's about the same age). I think Vish is a proven commodity and Skoula, if given the opportunity, can regain some of the promise he showed when he debuted with the Avs. There are also a few other d-man in the Ducks system including Nathan Saunders, Korsunov,O'Brien and Rodgers.

That said, like 10-16, I'd be happy if the Ducks were able to move up and nab Barker. However, with Chicago saying they'd like to acquire a second, first-round pick, I'm not convinced they're trading the 3rd pick.

thestonedkoala

Hey now I just said Radulov over Picard! And then someone said they will pick a French Canadian, so I'm asking why is it assumed that the Wild will pick a French Canadian?

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
Where do you get the Ducks being interested in a goalie in the first round? Very Very slim chances of the Ducks taking Montoya.

Best Defensmen available at #9 goes to Anaheim.

I'm hoping for Thelen.

I_r_1337

Jun 10, 2003
Washington D.C.
Visit site
Washington with 3 forwards in the 1st round when they're #1 need is D? Not gonna happen.

I expect them to gamble on a boom or bust forward with one of those late first rounders and grab D with the other late 1st and the 33rd. I hope they can end up with Fristic in the 2nd I'd be very happy.

CuSa_1

Feb 15, 2004
I_r_1337 said:
Washington with 3 forwards in the 1st round when they're #1 need is D? Not gonna happen.

I expect them to gamble on a boom or bust forward with one of those late first rounders and grab D with the other late 1st and the 33rd. I hope they can end up with Fristic in the 2nd I'd be very happy.

Yeah, I kinda overlooked Washington's 3 picks together.

Kick Save

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
McDonald19 said:
Where do you get the Ducks being interested in a goalie in the first round? Very Very slim chances of the Ducks taking Montoya.

Best Defensmen available at #9 goes to Anaheim.

I'm hoping for Thelen.

I've discussed this on another thread, but the Ducks organization isn't very deep in goalies. Gerber has expressed his desire to be traded and, even though it was Murray who said he'd do his best to accomodate him, I don't think Murray's departure changes anything. I think many Ducks fans tend to overrate Bryzgalov: he may turn into a good NHL netminder, but his histrionics on the ice make me very nervous. He could well be just a journeyman or even a bust. After that, what do we have? Eddie Ferhi?

Either Montoya or Schwarz would not be a bad choice at # 9.

I like Thelen and I would be happy if the Ducks chose him. But I'm not convinced he'd be a better choice than Montoya, Schwarz, Picard, Stafford or Meszaros.

The Ducks, like any rational organization, should pick the Best Player Available. They shouldn't confine their pick to the "best defenseman available".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->