Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Anaheim Mighty Ducks

Needs: Offensive defenseman
Have: Good forward depth, Defensive defensemen
Possible moves: Will likely trade Gerber, possibly could move up to select A.J. Thelen, could stay/trade down a bit to select Wes O'Neill

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
New Jersey Devils

Have:
Good talent up front. A lot of potential power forwards. We have the potential top-line talent everyone else seems to lack.
Need: Defensive depth - ie. Valabik, Smid, Hedman, Green, etc. Another goalie prospect behind Ahonen would be nice, but unnecessary, we do have Jason Smith and others in the system, and Clemmensen already graduated.
Possible Moves: Can't rightly say. Friesen, Kozlov, and Rafalski could all be available, but the chances of them moving for nothing but picks and prospects is slim.

May 1, 2003
Visit site
Columbus

Needs:
1. Top Line Centre to play alongside Zherdev and Nash
2. A top 2 Defenseman

Have:
1. Solid goaltending in Marc Denis and Pascal Leclaire
2. Solid top line talent on the Left Wing with Zherdev and Vborny
3. Solid depth on Centre, but lacks a true 1st line centre

Possible Moves
I could see the Columbus Blue Jackets trading there 3rd , 4th round pick as well as Dmitri Kosmachev to move up into the 1st round around 24 or so to draft Sami Lepisto, given that they do draft a forward with the 4th overall pick.

Last edited:

May 1, 2003
Visit site
Buffalo

Needs:
1. Top Line Defenseman
2. 3rd - 4th line Wingers

Have
1. Very Solid Centre depth as well 1st line talent in Briere, Drury, Roy, Connolly(if he recovers)
2. Good depth on Right and left Wing, Hecht, Pyatt, Satan, Afinogenov, Kotalik

Possible Moves
1. Will Draft a defenseman at the 13th spot, possibly A,J Thelen(if a available), Wes O'Neill or Mike Green
2. Could trade Miroslav Satan to the Rangers, Coyotes or Chicago in return for their 1st round pick, with that mind they will most likely draft, Olesz, Wolski, Tukonen, Schremp(even though they are solid at centre)
3. Could also trade Biron for one of Edmontons or Los Angeles pick

rupispupis

Apr 26, 2004
CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS:

STRENGTH: Goalies:Crawford, Brodeur, Leighton, Anderson, Ayers, Berkhoel.
D-men: Big Stay at home - Babchuk, Seabrook, Barinka .... future PP Qbacks - Wisnewski, Duncan Keith.
Forwards: Lots of grit and solid 2-way players, but besides Ruutu, and possibly Vorobiev, no top line guys.
NEEDS: Top line scoring talent, lots of character.

EXPECTED: Will probably pick Olesz, but might shock with Barker.
Other option is to trade 3 to 4 spots down and take Radulov (his older brother is in the Hawks system).

Prussian_Blue

Apr 9, 2003
futurenotes.blogspot.com
#2 said:
I could see the Columbus Blue Jackets trading there 3rd , 4th round pick as well as Dmitri Kosmachev to move up into the 1st round around 24 or so to draft Sami Lepisto, given that they do draft a forward with the 4th overall pick.

...and who, pray tell, is going to surrender a first-round draft pick "around 24 or so" for a third- or fourth-round pick and a prospect that no one's ever heard of?

I could see my team doing something like that also (Larry Pleau: Hey, Mr. Fellow NHL GM, how about Simon Skoog and a third-round pick for your first rounder, around 24 or so? Hello? Hello?), but what I can't see is anyone being willing to be on the receiving end of this deal.

PrussianBlue :blues

May 1, 2003
Visit site
PrussianBlue said:
...and who, pray tell, is going to surrender a first-round draft pick "around 24 or so" for a third- or fourth-round pick and a prospect that no one's ever heard of?

I could see my team doing something like that also (Larry Pleau: Hey, Mr. Fellow NHL GM, how about Simon Skoog and a third-round pick for your first rounder, around 24 or so? Hello? Hello?), but what I can't see is anyone being willing to be on the receiving end of this deal.

PrussianBlue :blues

You've never heard of Dmitri Kosmachev?
he was ranked 33rd last year in THN rankings ahead of guys like Brian Boyle(went 1st round to LA Kings), Shawn Belle(went 30th to StLouis), Loui Eriksson(2nd round to Dallas), Patrick Eaves(29th to Ottawa)

Kosmachev did fall to the 71st pick but he is still a solid defenseman, he was also one of Russia's top prospects on the D entering the 2002 Draft.

The 3rd and 4th will also add some depth with descent players
Also a team that has no one in particular to draft at that time because all there players who they were hoping to get around that time in the draft can either be picked up with their 2nd Round pick or are already gone. With that in mind they may figure they could get 2 descent picks and a solid prospect on the blueline for a pick that doesnt really interest them

Last edited:

thestonedkoala

No one will touch that...I mean would you do this?

Bolduc + 3rd for a 1st Rounder?

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Alex Kovalev said:
Penguins

Need: An Elite Offensive forward
Have: Solid Forward depth, defensive depth, and goaltending.
Possible Moves: None, take Malkin 2nd overall.

Bingo. Glut of second/third line prospects, tons of defense, and enough goaltending to set Pittsburgh, Wilkes-Barre, and Wheeling for life...but no star forward.

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
Thrashers

Needs:
1. Top 2 d-man
2. Center for Kovalchuk
3. More offensive forward depth

Have:
1. Goaltending depth (Nurminen, Lehtonen, Hurme, Garnett)
2. Defensive depth (Several 2nd and 3rd pairing d-mans)
3. Good top two wingers (Heatley, Kovalchuk, Kozlov, McEachern)

Possible moves:
1. Trades 1st round pick 10 for an established top 2 d-man
2. Drafts AJ Thelen (if available) or Wes O'Neill
3. Drafts best available forward

sparkplug

Apr 30, 2004
Vancouver BC
Senators

Need- Powerforward willing to pay the price in front of the net
Have- Depth in skilled forwards and young talent.
Possible Moves- Don't see many, the Sens are unlikely to make roster moves and will probably remain with the pick they have and survey what's available when they're up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->