6. Montoya
7. Radulov
8. Schremp
9. Chipchura
10. Ladd

Kubera55

Mar 15, 2004
Freaky Habs Fan said:
Don't look at the stats...they are not so important. I think Schwarz will be a better goaler down the road. Grant Fuhr will help him in St-Louis and he will work on his weakness to become the best goaler of the 2004 draft. This is just my opinion...

Not to be a jerk, but how can you not look at the stats? Sure, they aren't everything, but unless you want to tell me that youv'e seen both goalies play numerous games, what else do we have to go on?

As for Fuhr, I don't see how that effects a prospects value. Sure, maybe Fuhr's a great goalie coach, but wouldn't Montoya have benefitted just as much from his tutelage as Schwarz will (had he been drafted there)? That's like saying Boris Valabik is the best defensive prospect in the draft because he'll rack up garbage assists while Heatley and Kovalachuk score like crazy. (And while I'm at it, why can't Ranger fans just point at the incredibly well regarded Benoit Allaire whom they hired expressly to tutor goalies? Isn't he at least the equal of Fuhr?)

Eh. I dunno man, if Schwarz was playing lights out and Montoya was screwing up, then maybe I could see an adjustment. But a ten spot swing for both players while Montoya is putting up strong numbers? That's fair?

X-SHARKIE

Here is my Pre-Draft top 10. I still think it's way to early to be moving around people.

I don't know why Tukonen is getting pushed around, as I don't know why Andrew Ladd is getting the shaft? From what I hear Ladd is playing just as good as Ryan Getzlaf this year, just not having the numbers to show for it.

1. Alexander Ovechkin
2. Evgeni Malkin
3. Cam Barker
4. Rostislav Olesz
5. Lauri Tukonen
6. Andrew Ladd
7. A.J. Thelen
8. Robbie Schremp
9. Alexandre Picard
10. Alexander Radulov

BigAl

Oct 3, 2002
Visit site
Here's my top 10:

1. Ovechkin
2. Malkin
3. Picard
4. Tukonen
5. McGrath
6. Schremp
7. Ladd
8. Meszaros
9. Thelen
10. Kaspar

leafaholix*

NYRangers said:
McGrath at 5? Are you kidding?
At the peak of his hype he was really no higher than 9th or 10th... now, with a great start to the OHL season he's suddenly jumped way up.

:dunno:

NYRangers

Aug 11, 2004
Leafaholix said:
At the peak of his hype he was really no higher than 9th or 10th... now, with a great start to the OHL season he's suddenly jumped way up.

If his reason is the stats this season then Johnathan Petruzalek (9th) is better than Schremp (1st), and every other prospect that if off to a good start or poor start would have their ranks changed dramatically.

BuppY

xGoodwillx
Dec 24, 2003
relatednews.net
X-SHARKIE said:
Here is my Pre-Draft top 10. I still think it's way to early to be moving around people.

I don't know why Tukonen is getting pushed around, as I don't know why Andrew Ladd is getting the shaft? From what I hear Ladd is playing just as good as Ryan Getzlaf this year, just not having the numbers to show for it.

1. Alexander Ovechkin
2. Evgeni Malkin
3. Cam Barker
4. Rostislav Olesz
5. Lauri Tukonen
6. Andrew Ladd
7. A.J. Thelen
8. Robbie Schremp
9. Alexandre Picard
10. Alexander Radulov

I like
;)

BuppY

xGoodwillx
Dec 24, 2003
relatednews.net
1. Alexander Ovechkin
2. Evgeni Malkin
3. Cam Barker
4. Rostislav Olesz
5. Lauri Tukonen
6. Andrew Ladd
7. A.J. Thelen
8. Alexander Radulov
9. Robbie Schremp
10. Alexandre Picard

BigAl

Oct 3, 2002
Visit site
Leafaholix said:

No, i'm not kidding. There is a reason why his numbers or as good as they are, those numbers reflect the type of game he is playing. He has top end talent and works hard, I don't see why he shouldn't be higher than some of the other guys taken top 10. Although I think Mike Richards is over rated, he is still a very good prospect, and McGrath has shown that he is far better so far this season. I realize this may seem weird having McGrath as high as 5, but the scouts do make mistakes. He should have went 1st round, and in a few years he will show that he was worthy of top 5 in this draft.

Masterovic

Apr 11, 2004
1. Ovechkin
2. Malkin
3. Barker
4. Tukonen
5. Schremp
6. Meszaros
7. Olesz
8. Montoya
9. Ladd
10. Radulov

HOCKEY_GURU

Jun 27, 2002
Visit site
DoobieDoobieDo said:
Voloshenko: 12 games, 7 goals, 2 assists, 9 points, 2 PIMs

Is that good in the RSL?
yes hes playing in the high league, and its lower in caliber than the RSL, i guess best analogy i can make is its russia's version of the AHL.....so yes good stats.. but take it with a grain of salt ;)

HOCKEY_GURU

Jun 27, 2002
Visit site
oh and one more note...Alexander Kolrolyuk has 7 goals 11 assists in 12 games in the high league ...just to give you a comparison...so take it from there

John

May 25, 2004
One guy I think would be alot higher is Mike Green. +23 in 16 games, top five in D scoring, top 10 in assists. Captain of an outstanding team...ect.

Also, PHL.ru has Voloshenko with 6 goals and 4 assists in 18 games. He added another assist in todays game. Cap's prospect Mikhail Yunkov had two goals today and now would be at 4 goals and 5 assists in 19 games. He was also the only forward on the team with a + rating before today.

God Bless Canada

Jul 11, 2004
Bentley reunion
Are we really this hard up for hockey discussion? Come talk to me in five years about a re-do of the top-10. People seeking re-dos of the 2002-2004 drafts, and even 2001, need to find another topic of conversation. It is way to early to evaluate these kids. We're not halfway into their first seasons after they're drafted, and people are already second-guessing? Yikes.

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
Kubera55 said:
As for Fuhr, I don't see how that effects a prospects value. Sure, maybe Fuhr's a great goalie coach, but wouldn't Montoya have benefitted just as much from his tutelage as Schwarz will (had he been drafted there)? That's like saying Boris Valabik is the best defensive prospect in the draft because he'll rack up garbage assists while Heatley and Kovalachuk score like crazy. (And while I'm at it, why can't Ranger fans just point at the incredibly well regarded Benoit Allaire whom they hired expressly to tutor goalies? Isn't he at least the equal of Fuhr?)
Grant Fuhr is the new goalie consultant for the Phoenix Coyotes, he's not a part of St.Louis. He was brought in to replace Benoit Allaire, and he'd have to do an outstanding job just to be considered the "equal" of Allaire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad