7.Smid
8.Radulov
9.Schwarz
10.Meszaros

Ladd? He's not having a great start...

1-Oveshkin...well, he will always be #1
2-Malkin...always #2
3-Barker...Full package for a D
4-Tukonen...Will have a big season and some team will regret for not picking him before 11th
5-Olesz...Great player, same situation has Tukonen
6-Smid...great skills for that euro D
7-Meszaros...Enjoying a great start in the WHL
8-Radulov...The best rookie sniper of the Q
9-Shwarz...He's better then Montoya
10-Chipchura...His showing why he was #1 by CSS at mid season of last year

BTW, It's still to early to redo the top 10...

KingPurpleDinosaur

Bandwagon Kings Fan
Dec 17, 2002
irvine, ca
www.anteaterhockey.com
Freaky Habs Fan said:
Ladd? He's not having a great start...

1-Oveshkin...well, he will always be #1
2-Malkin...always #2
3-Barker...Full package for a D
4-Tukonen...Will have a big season and some team will regret for not picking him before 11th
5-Olesz...Great player, same situation has Tukonen
6-Smid...great skills for that euro D
7-Meszaros...Enjoying a great start in the WHL
8-Radulov...The best rookie sniper of the Q
10-Chipchura...His showing why he was #1 by CSS at mid season of last year

BTW, It's still to early to redo the top 10...

agreed. i don tknow where he got the notion that fans have got to see even half of the first round players. also, not much ahs happened ever since thse guys got drafted, i mean they just started the season.

Hug Ben Laf

#86 #10 #13
Mar 22, 2002
Im the guy next door
#1 - Ovechkin... nothing more to say here :)
#2 - Malkin... nothing more to say here either
#3 - Olesz... surprise, surprise. Chicago have alot of good d-mens when they drafted Barker and I thought they would be better with Olesz. Olesz is the complete package but ppl is saying he has limited offensive upside, well ppl who have said it will regret it once the NHL is starting again.
#4 ...
#5 ...
#6 ...
#7 ...
#8 ...
#9 ...
#10 ...

Birko19

Aug 13, 2002
Hamilton, Ont
Visit site
KingPurpleDinosaur said:
agreed. i don tknow where he got the notion that fans have got to see even half of the first round players. also, not much ahs happened ever since thse guys got drafted, i mean they just started the season.

I'm talking about the start of their seasons so far, I know we're not far enough in the season but I'm talking about the first 10-15 games so far.

Guys who play in the CHL, RSL, SEL, Czech league, and Finnish league have already played 10 or so games, I'm not sure about the NCAA but I think they just started their season, so I'm just talking about first impressions, how would you rank them?

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Roberto Luongo said:
#1 - Ovechkin... nothing more to say here :)
#2 - Malkin... nothing more to say here either
#3 - Olesz... surprise, surprise. Chicago have alot of good d-mens when they drafted Barker and I thought they would be better with Olesz. Olesz is the complete package but ppl is saying he has limited offensive upside, well ppl who have said it will regret it once the NHL is starting again.
#4 ...
#5 ...
#6 ...
#7 ...
#8 ...
#9 ...
#10 ...

I agree with Olesz, I think that he is going to have a great offensive game. Just like how they said Michalek never had alot of offensive upside, i seen him at the WJC here in Halifax and I thought he was one of the better offensive players here, I think Olesz is going to be great in the offensive end myself.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
Birko19 said:
I'm talking about the start of their seasons so far, I know we're not far enough in the season but I'm talking about the first 10-15 games so far.

Guys who play in the CHL, RSL, SEL, Czech league, and Finnish league have already played 10 or so games, I'm not sure about the NCAA but I think they just started their season, so I'm just talking about first impressions, how would you rank them?

16 games actually. He's fourth on his team in scoring. Not to shabby the youngest guy by three years. Five if you don't count goaltenders.

Hug Ben Laf

#86 #10 #13
Mar 22, 2002
Im the guy next door
moosefan said:
I agree with Olesz, I think that he is going to have a great offensive game. Just like how they said Michalek never had alot of offensive upside, i seen him at the WJC here in Halifax and I thought he was one of the better offensive players here, I think Olesz is going to be great in the offensive end myself.

Which NHLer or prospect do u think Olesz style most look similar too?

Kubera55

Mar 15, 2004
Freaky Habs Fan said:

Still waiting for some back-up on that one.

Montoya is 5-2-1 with a shut-out and a save percentage well over .900 this season, and to most reports he looks like he's not even trying that hard.

What's Schwarz done comparitively in the early part of the season to move up ten spots?

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
no one is gonna give you a good answer on that kub

it's just "he's so skilled and he's the best puck stopper!"

like montoya is crap and can't stop pucks and has no skills

pucks1

Apr 23, 2004
Roberto Luongo said:
Which NHLer or prospect do u think Olesz style most look similar too?
I wasn't impressed by Olesz at the mini camp, Stewart was the biggist standout in my eyes.

Blane Youngblood

Jun 17, 2003
Visit site
Levitate said:
it's just "he's so skilled and he's the best puck stopper!"

I would say that Shwarz has been a bit of a disapointment for me this seasons. He gets caught out of position very often and puts a lot of rebounds into bad positions. While I don't think he's been terrible, and you can see the great flexability and reflexes, I think he hasn't been that good for the Giants this season. So far this season Schneider actually looks like the class of the first round for goalies (of course I'm a Canucks fan).

Oiltalk

May 20, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
jin said:
I would say that Shwarz has been a bit of a disapointment for me this seasons. He gets caught out of position very often and puts a lot of rebounds into bad positions. While I don't think he's been terrible, and you can see the great flexability and reflexes, I think he hasn't been that good for the Giants this season. So far this season Schneider actually looks like the class of the first round for goalies (of course I'm a Canucks fan).
Agree that Schneider has been looking pretty good out there. Schwarz isn't as good as Montoya at this time, and I don't think he ever will be IMO.

Rattrick

Oct 31, 2002
Orlando, FL
www.rattrick.com
pucks1 said:
I wasn't impressed by Olesz at the mini camp, Stewart was the biggist standout in my eyes.

I think 1/2 of Olesz's problems at the mini camp were because he did not understand a thing that the coaches were saying. He just looked so confused.

Freaky Habs Fan

Apr 26, 2003
New-Brunswick
Visit site
Kubera55 said:
Still waiting for some back-up on that one.

Montoya is 5-2-1 with a shut-out and a save percentage well over .900 this season, and to most reports he looks like he's not even trying that hard.

What's Schwarz done comparitively in the early part of the season to move up ten spots?

Don't look at the stats...they are not so important. I think Schwarz will be a better goaler down the road. Grant Fuhr will help him in St-Louis and he will work on his weakness to become the best goaler of the 2004 draft. This is just my opinion...

Hug Ben Laf

#86 #10 #13
Mar 22, 2002
Im the guy next door
luongofan said:
I think 1/2 of Olesz's problems at the mini camp were because he did not understand a thing that the coaches were saying. He just looked so confused.

Intresting, man I hope the guy come to NA to play in CHL or AHL, he got to learn the language and the NA style.

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
DoobieDoobieDo said:
Voloshenko: 12 games, 7 goals, 2 assists, 9 points, 2 PIMs

Is that good in the RSL?

Is the High League the top league in Russia?

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
DoobieDoobieDo said:
Voloshenko: 12 games, 7 goals, 2 assists, 9 points, 2 PIMs

Is that good in the RSL?
It would be, I guess, but it doesn't look like he's playing in the RSL. He plays in the league below it.

leafaholix*

Chaos said:
Is the High League the top league in Russia?
I think it's in the high league... which is okay. Sovetov wasn't part of the Elite League last year.

Freaky Habs Fan

Apr 26, 2003
New-Brunswick
Visit site
Leafaholix said:
I think it's in the high league... which is okay. Sovetov wasn't part of the Elite League last year.

Yeah, I think you're right. And to answer another poster question, 9 points in 12 games in that league isn't that great for a Sniper...Kostitsyn was playing in that league and he was putting at least a point per game.

J17 Vs Proclamation

Oct 29, 2004
Reading.
Freaky Habs Fan said:
Yeah, I think you're right. And to answer another poster question, 9 points in 12 games in that league isn't that great for a Sniper...Kostitsyn was playing in that league and he was putting at least a point per game.

May not be great but its still pretty useful.

Slay

May 24, 2003
Krasnoyarsk
Freaky Habs Fan said:

Kostitsyn has played for the CSKA-2 and it is not High League club. It is farm team that plays in farm teams league with Lokomotiv-2, Dynamo-2, Metallurg-2 etc. This competition is below High League.
Here how it rates:
1.Super League
2.High League (Upper League, Visshaya Liga)
3.1st League/Farm (basically juniors)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad