2004 Draft re-entries:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ensane

EL GUAPO
Mar 2, 2002
I'll only do the Avs as I'm not confident I'd be accurate listing those from other teams.

G - Tyler Weiman is the only unsigned player who could reenter the draft from the Avs.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
If anyone has a list somewhere, this would be apprectiated of all non-signings. This is absurd that there is no list somewhere.

MMM

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Do teams get additional draft picks for everyone that re-enters or only those drafted in the first 2 rounds?

Thanks.

GudVibransons

Mar 1, 2002
Orlando
Visit site
It would appear the only Panther pick to reenter the draft is Denis Yachmenev. He was a late round pick (not exactly sure which one), but everybody else is either signed already, in college, or in Europe.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
how many compensation picks will there be this year? is brent the only one - isnt umberger in too? anyne else, someone said its only the 1st rounders.

Alfie#11

May 7, 2003
Visit site
bleedgreen said:
how many compensation picks will there be this year? is brent the only one - isnt umberger in too? anyne else, someone said its only the 1st rounders.

You only get compensation picks for first rounders. Brent going back in the draft gets the Ducks nothing.

So I think only one compensation pick for drafted players not signing will be awarded - the Umberger pick.

smsgtkvv

May 30, 2003
South Hill
Visit site
From USATODAY.com
Colorado Avalanche - Signed left wing Frantisek Skladany and
goaltender Tyler Weiman.

Phoenix Coyotes - Signed right wing Lance Monych and defenseman
Dustin Wood to multi-year contracts.

From (from official Phoenix web site)
In addition, the Coyotes also announced today that the club did not come to terms with defenseman Marcus Smith or center Russell Spence. As a result, both Smith and Spence are eligible to re-enter the 2004 NHL Entry Draft. Smith was selected by the Coyotes in the 8th round (249th overall) and Spence in the 9th round (280th overall) of the 2002 Entry Draft.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Tadite said:
Whats Umbergers story? He seems a decent prospect.

Wanted more money than Ohio State teammate Kessler got, the Canucks offered apparently the same contract or less, and Umberger didn't take too well to it. Umberger and Burke didn't exactly get along too well.

He just never signed with New York, I haven't heard a word why. It could be New York's doing, wanting the 46th pick and then try to sign him after they were guaranteed the pick(he could still sign with the Rangers and they'd still get the 46th pick) or it could be Umberger not being happy with an offer...who knows.

He's still a very nice prospect, but that year layoff isn't going to help.

balddog66

Feb 18, 2003
Visit site
3 Attack players go unsigned, Pat Jarrett and Andre Deveaux, who both could play in the AHL and make an impact. Jarrett has the best upside, although his development was stalled after his heart surgery, both could be back in the OHL as overagers next year.
Goalie Robert Gherson had trouble signing with Washington because of their depth and his average season. He would certainly be worth a gamble by any organization that doesn't have that much goaltending depth...at worse he'll be a #1 AHL tender, and perhaps a good back up in the NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad