2004 Draft Picks...looking for comments/opinions.

Discussion in 'NHL Draft - Prospects' started by Johnny Wishbone, Nov 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Johnny Wishbone

Johnny Wishbone Registered User

I just drafted these guys in a keeper league and I'm looking for various comments or information from people (hopefully) who have seen them play. Thanks in advance.

Alexander Ovechkin :bow: (no comments needed I guess for him) :p:
    Mike Green - I have heard his stock has gone up, is this true? Where can I find stats on him anyway?
    Adam Pineault
    Kyle Wharton
    Viktor Alexandrov
    Denis Parshin
    Dylan Hunter - I know he has improved, but is he being carried to some extent?
    Michel Sersen
    Jason Churchill - I have seen him in HFX, but has he benefitted from a better team, or has he really improved that much on his own?
    Jan Steber - Seems to play one decent game, then 5 bad ones.

2. J17 Vs Proclamation

J17 Vs Proclamation Registered User

College baby!
    Mike green plays for the blades. His tock has gone up but i doubt it would affect his draft postition.
    Hunter is being carried by his team (helps when you never lose) but probably has improved his game although HF don't seem to think so.

3. Kaizer

Kaizer Registered User

Viktor Alexandrov ahead of Parshin? Really interesting draft. I'm watching his game right now. Nothing special in my opinion.

Denis Parshin is Great guy to watch, tries to play all-around game. Has a spot in a very deep and talented CSKA squad. One of the most skilled prospects from Russia at 2004 draft. In every game I've seen with him he made few sweet moves. Tries to play unusual and substandard.
    His combo with Malkin at U-18 and U-20 teams looks very good. Denis was named Team Russia MVP at U-20 tournament in Sweden.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2004
  4. EroCaps

EroCaps Registered User

Mike Green should have gone top 15-20. Playing for a terrible team last year hurt him. Had they been more succesful, I imagine it would have been hard for GMs to ignore his play. (Which has been excellent this year)

5. hockey observer

hockey observer Registered User

Great pick with Churchill....he really is a good goalie...plays 99% of the games and is improving all the time..Steber is going to be a bust though...I don't understand how a guy can be that big and play so soft...he hit a guy abouyt a month ago and the guy hasn't gotten up yet...the problem is he hasn't hit anybody sinse....you hit it pretty good about showing up now and then but one in 10 games is probably more accurate..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.