2004 draft class...who will become a player?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ForsbergForever

May 19, 2004
Last name starts with an O and ends with and N. However I think you already knew that so another choice is Al Montoya.

arrbez

bad chi
Jun 2, 2004
Toronto
i have a feeling that wolski and schremp will both come back to haunt those GM's who passed them over

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Ladislav Smid. From what I've heard, he's more NHL ready than Barker at the moment, and could crack the Ducks next year, but on his own choice, he'll be returning to the Czech league. Then he'll play out his rookie year.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Puckhead said:
Which prospect of the 2004 class will be a contributor on his NHL team within the next 2-3 years?

The darkhorses:

Meszaros
Green
Salomonsson
Graham

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Hercules Rockefeller said:
Ladislav Smid. From what I've heard, he's more NHL ready than Barker at the moment, and could crack the Ducks next year, but on his own choice, he'll be returning to the Czech league. Then he'll play out his rookie year.

I'm not all that high on Smid, personally.

Puckhead

Jun 13, 2004
Behind you!!!
I think that the with the Rangers glaring need for a goaltender, that Montoya could possibly be the man there in the next 2-3 years. Possibly sooner if Blackburn cannot come back strong from his injuries. Also Tukonen, L.A is in need of anyone help they can get. The injury bug has been feasting on the Kings for going on three full seasons now. To add insult to injury, Deadmarsh and Allison may both be hanging them up, as their rehabs have not gone well, and they continue to have post concussion syndorme side effects. Tukonen, is by all accounts NHL ready or very close to it, and I think he is a big boy, who can handle the rough stuff and will be a welcome addition to a team that has had some undersized forwards of late who keep getting injured or outmuscled. I think when we are trying to project who will be an impact player at the NHL level, it is not only the players skill level that should be taken into account, but especially the team and the possible teammates that may or may not be a fit for that prospect. I think that looking at this thread in that light, there are a few playes that stand out as having what that team needs.

Tukonen
Radulov - if he can become more of a team player
Schremp - if he can put the team first
Montoya
Valabik - not for his offense though
Thelen
Meszaros
Barker

And obviously Ovechkin, and Malkin who can only make their respective teams better, because they are pretty bad right now!!!

thestonedkoala

Just as O'Sullivan will :D

Thelen and Voloshenko will be players on the Wild

X-SHARKIE

who will contribute within a 2-3 year time line.

A.J. Thelen and Roman Voloshenko for the Wild IMO.

Andrej Meszaros will for Ottawa.

Ovechkin, Barker, Malkin, Ladd, Montoya, Smid, Olesz, Picard, Tukonen, Stafford, should all be playing in the NHL in that fame.

Not saying others won't...but IMO these are locks.

If your saying, well Max you said you like Schwarz over Montoya by a hair....it's true...but Montoya is playing for New York, plus he's already finished with two years of College....plus the Rangers are not masters of waiting for their players to groom in the minors....While the Blues can be patient with Schwarz with Bash and Lalime recently aquired.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->