2003 WJC Halifax: Game 1: United States 1, Russia 5

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I attended that game (in Sydney) and it was great to really get a look at Ovechkin for basically the first time. Can't seem to find video of the game however.

RussianHockeyFan20

Apr 8, 2018
Thank you for the follow up - I was there too and it was a great game. We sat right across from where the camera crews were so I know it was filmed. The rink where they played that game was quite small and so I asked the camera guy right after the game when it was going to be broadcast and he said that he worked for TSN and was only there to tape "highlights" but he also said there was a Russian camera crew there who taped the entire game for "video training". I've been looking for a copy ever since.

I posted this video from the games we attended including a pratice (sorry that the music and video quality sucks. It was taken from my canon camera at the time):

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Thank you for the follow up - I was there too and it was a great game. We sat right across from where the camera crews were so I know it was filmed. The rink where they played that game was quite small and so I asked the camera guy right after the game when it was going to be broadcast and he said that he worked for TSN and was only there to tape "highlights" but he also said there was a Russian camera crew there who taped the entire game for "video training". I've been looking for a copy ever since.

I posted this video from the games we attended including a pratice (sorry that the music and video quality sucks. It was taken from my canon camera at the time):

TSN definitely recorded highlights of the game, because the network was still using highlights from that game leading up to the 2004 draft to promote Ovechkin. I don't know if the whole game made the network.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad