2003 Re-Draft #6

GFS

Apr 12, 2010
MmvJmX6.png

Select the best player available without taking team needs into consideration. You are drafting the 2003 version of the player.

No.​
|
Team
|
Player​
|Pittsburgh|Shea Weber
2​
|Carolina|Eric Staal
|Florida|Ryan Getzlaf
|Columbus |Ryan Suter
|Buffalo |Corey Perry

Last edited:

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Best player now, or who has been the best for the past 12 years+who will be better in the future?

Now I would say either jeff Carter, Patrice Bergeron, or Brent Burns. Career wise, I'd have to go with Kesler or Bergeron.

GFS

Apr 12, 2010
Best player now, or who has been the best for the past 12 years+who will be better in the future?

Now I would say either jeff Carter, Patrice Bergeron, or Brent Burns. Career wise, I'd have to go with Kesler or Bergeron.

It's just a simple question of best player available. You can use whatever criteria you want.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
If I had to re-do the draft, I would most likely pick Mike Richards or Patty B as they had the highest peak in my opinion

If I had to pick which 30 year old right now, I would go with one of Carter, Burns, or Bergeron. Burns probably doesn't make it though due to the fact that he is currently unproven as a D-Man.

GFS

Apr 12, 2010
If I had to re-do the draft, I would most likely pick Mike Richards or Patty B as they had the highest peak in my opinion

If I had to pick which 30 year old right now, I would go with one of Carter, Burns, or Bergeron. Burns probably doesn't make it though due to the fact that he is currently unproven as a D-Man.

In the two cases you have stated, I am looking for the first one when they are 17/18/19 year olds. I'll update the OP to make it clearer.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
IMO it's either Carter or Bergeron. Carter and Marleau would be some crazy speedy two way goal scoring stuff. But Bergeron is too good.

SoftDumpInTheCorner

Jun 29, 2010
Man Jose
Its a pretty lame list it, it really should've been choices from 6-10.

Patrice Bergeron was picked after the Sharks selected center Josh Hennessy, two picks later the Bruins snagged their franchise center man Bergeron. Doh!

Same goes for Shea Weber, Sharks selected Matt Carle, two picks later Weber went to NAS to be their franchise defenseman.

In the same draft and same second round, double DOH!

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
Parise or Bergeron.

If you told me that we'd draft Couture in 05, the choice would be very clear on Parise. We've lacked winger depth for a long time.

Chaotic8

Boarding Major
May 3, 2010
Livermore, CA
Had a difficult time deciding between Bergeron and Seabrook. Both are key personnel for their teams and contribute in all the right ways. Eventually went with Seabrook.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad