3. Horton
4. Zherdev-if he is signed
5. Brown
6. Getzlaf i'm not to sure on his status with the ducks
7. MA Fluery - playing on any other tam would prob make higher on the list

PanthersRule96

Jun 15, 2003
Visit site
Panthers are having a hard time trying to sign Horton, Taticek, and Stewart. Now that Hurme is gone, they will most likely dish out money to Horty.

Brain Hemorrhage

Jan 16, 2003
Boston, MA
Rumors float the Isles signed Bruno Gervais, their 6th rnd choice, to a pro contract. He just turned 19 a day or so ago. He has been a standout through rookie camp and training camp with his use of hockey sense to play the best positioning, as well his good skating, shooting, passing. He's only 185 lbs at 6ft, so he'd be better served captaining bathurst 1 more year. he may play 10 games this year.

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
A very long shot is Dan Fritsche, who should be signed to a pro contract and play at least 8 or 9 Games in Columbus. He has a good shot if Andrew Cassels and Espen Knutsen get injured, of moving up to 2nd and 3rd Line Duty

dashripper

Jun 18, 2003
Visit site
Brown has had four goals in the pre-season and has been an animal driving to the net. Plays similar to Deadmarsh. The Kings will sign him and give him a chance. If he sticks I think he could score at least 20 goals this year.

Jerky Leclerc

Feb 27, 2002
Anaheim
Visit site
Getzlaf had a great rookie/training camp. If this was any other year, they probably would had signed him and started him in Anaheim. But there are two issues at hand. First the new CBA kicks in next year and its about the Benjamins. And secondly, the Ducks are loaded with kids they want to develop. Lupul and Holmqvist are locks to make the team. And considering Chistov/Smirnov are still learning the job and Popovic, Kunitz, and Parenteau waiting in the wings, the Ducks won't want to tie themselves down with too many projects this year.

Dr_Chimera*

H3ro said:
He's a 2002 draftee...

He is, actually.

btw, my thinking is that none of the 2003's have a real shot at the Calder. I wouldn't overrate Staal either - if he plays, he won't play nearly enough minutes.

Whenever people get too excited about an 18-year old's fantasy value, I always point them to Joe Thornton's rookie year - it's a process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->