2003 draft revisted: Bergeron STILL top 5 pick

KingKessel81

Oct 25, 2006
are you trying to say that vanek should be in top 6 :) seeing as you have him twice.
still dont see why bergeron is so highly touted. to me his ceiling isnt as high as everyone else on that list. good ppg guy but not 100pt season worthy. getzlaf isnt getting much love on these lists either.
Why is Bergeron so highly touted? Bergeron is 21 years old, on pace for 88 points (with 2 linemates that should be on the 4th line due to their play this season. in fact, one of them was just demoted to the 4th line - Brad Boyes. If Sturm keeps playing as poorly as he is, it is only a matter of time before he joins Boyes in the dog house.) and improves every year. Add in the fact that he brings physical play to the table and is a very good defensive foward ---I'd say a majority of these top picks with such high potential will never be as good as Bergeron is at age 21. So let's see, Bergeron is already over a point per game at age 21 but he is going to be a point per game player and guys who are who are putting up nowhere near the production Bergeron is at the same age have much higher potential. I can see Bergeron is still underrated due to his 2nd round draft position.

fake british accent

Aug 11, 2006
www.exceptionalautobody.com
I don't think any of us are saying Bergeron is better than Staal. On the same level? Yes. But looking at what both have done so far it's hard to say one of them is far better than other.

Staal's resume is more impressive than Bergeron's - a 100 pt season and his playoff run have to count for something. Bergeron is approaching that level but its too soon to put him there. Just like its too soon to put Vanek on the Bergeron/Phaneuf level yet, but he could be there soon. Lets see what they do over the full season first.

Wachovia Center

Dec 2, 2006
Remember, Carter has missed a large portion of this year with an injury. He is very talented and the jury is still out on him. Phaneuf is terrific and I have always been a fan of Vanek and Parise, but Fleury as a goalie, could end up being the best as great goalies have the greatest impact.

edit
Oops, did I forget Staal? Was he that year?

Don't forget that Carter is on the worst team in the league, too.

fr4ed2384

Jul 30, 2005
Still to early to decide where players like Getzlaf, Carle , Michalek, Seabrook and Richards will end up..
As for the steal of the draft -- they may end up being Pavelski in the 7th rd or OBrien in the 8th ..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->