2003 draft info

Discussion in 'NHL Draft - Prospects' started by slayer, Mar 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
View Users: View Users
  1. slayer

slayer Guest

I'm in a rebuilding process in a Hockey league( NHL ratings). I have the 2nd overall and was wondering who would be the best player for many years to come. Either Fleury, Horton, Staal, Zherdev or Vanek.
    I have Brad Richards and Alexander Svitov as centers, Dan Blackburn as my #1 Goalie, Bouwmeester and Grebeschkov as future top Dmen as well as Frolov(LW) and Grier(RW) as my other top players. Who would be more suited as a franchise player??? Also Doesn't Horton play RW with the panthers???
    Who as the most upside and looks to have settled in nicely in the NHL??

Thanks
    Any info on those guys would be appreciated.

2. Its only recently that he's played on the right side with Weiss. But I would look for that to be a common occurrence in the future. Weiss & Horton seem to work pretty well together. If you're gonna stick with Blackburn as your #1 then I guess there's not really a reason to get Fleury (though I would take Fleury over Blackburn). Horton, Staal & Zherdev look to be keepers and will contribute to each of those teams with Staal probably relied upon most to produce. Horton & Zherdev will be surrounded by some solid talent in the future so they won't be bad choices but Staal looks like he'll be the bigger point producer.

3. slayer

slayer Guest

Also where would you say Zach Parise would get picked if the draft was done today???

4. Blackjack

Blackjack Registered User

Home Page:
    The WJC might've moved him up a few slots, but I don't think he would go that much higher. His biggest knock - size - is unchanged.

5. Rabid Ranger

Rabid Ranger 2 is better than one

Contract manager

If Pierre-Marc Bouchard can get drafted at 7, than there's a great chance, in hindsight, Parise would have been drafted at least in the top ten.

6. Blackjack

Blackjack Registered User

Home Page:
    You can't really compare the 02 draft with the 03 draft though. Parise will probably be a Chris Drury or Mike York type player. The Devils are hoping for a little more offense, but that's where the odds lie. However, a guy with the frightening raw skills of a Kastytsin, or the towering size of a Jessiman are very appealing to GMs on draft day.

7. Frenzy31

Frenzy31 Registered User

I have seen Zherdev far more then either Horton or Staal, but I have been very impressed w/ his play. He is a hard working player that has a lot of skill. Very smooth w/ the puck, great vision and skating. I would take him over Staal and Horton, because I think he is more skilled.

8. Flames Draft Watcher

Flames Draft Watcher Registered User

Home Page:
    I think Staal one of the safest bets of the bunch and also has one of the highest upsides. If he's there I'd nab him.

9. highstickingyerface

highstickingyerface Registered User

Mike Grier is not, nor ever will be a top player. If you are rebuilding get rid of him.

10. Bluenote13

Bluenote13 Believe In Henke

Home Page:
    First i would say, go to the fantasy board......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.