2003 draft info

Status
Not open for further replies.

slayer

I'm in a rebuilding process in a Hockey league( NHL ratings). I have the 2nd overall and was wondering who would be the best player for many years to come. Either Fleury, Horton, Staal, Zherdev or Vanek.
I have Brad Richards and Alexander Svitov as centers, Dan Blackburn as my #1 Goalie, Bouwmeester and Grebeschkov as future top Dmen as well as Frolov(LW) and Grier(RW) as my other top players. Who would be more suited as a franchise player??? Also Doesn't Horton play RW with the panthers???
Who as the most upside and looks to have settled in nicely in the NHL??

Thanks
Any info on those guys would be appreciated.

CoolburnIsGone

slayer said:
I'm in a rebuilding process in a Hockey league( NHL ratings). I have the 2nd overall and was wondering who would be the best player for many years to come. Either Fleury, Horton, Staal, Zherdev or Vanek.
I have Brad Richards and Alexander Svitov as centers, Dan Blackburn as my #1 Goalie, Bouwmeester and Grebeschkov as future top Dmen as well as Frolov(LW) and Grier(RW) as my other top players. Who would be more suited as a franchise player??? Also Doesn't Horton play RW with the panthers???

Thanks
Its only recently that he's played on the right side with Weiss. But I would look for that to be a common occurrence in the future. Weiss & Horton seem to work pretty well together. If you're gonna stick with Blackburn as your #1 then I guess there's not really a reason to get Fleury (though I would take Fleury over Blackburn). Horton, Staal & Zherdev look to be keepers and will contribute to each of those teams with Staal probably relied upon most to produce. Horton & Zherdev will be surrounded by some solid talent in the future so they won't be bad choices but Staal looks like he'll be the bigger point producer.

slayer

Also where would you say Zach Parise would get picked if the draft was done today???

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Blackjack said:
The WJC might've moved him up a few slots, but I don't think he would go that much higher. His biggest knock - size - is unchanged.

If Pierre-Marc Bouchard can get drafted at 7, than there's a great chance, in hindsight, Parise would have been drafted at least in the top ten.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
You can't really compare the 02 draft with the 03 draft though. Parise will probably be a Chris Drury or Mike York type player. The Devils are hoping for a little more offense, but that's where the odds lie. However, a guy with the frightening raw skills of a Kastytsin, or the towering size of a Jessiman are very appealing to GMs on draft day.

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
slayer said:

Thanks

I have seen Zherdev far more then either Horton or Staal, but I have been very impressed w/ his play. He is a hard working player that has a lot of skill. Very smooth w/ the puck, great vision and skating. I would take him over Staal and Horton, because I think he is more skilled.

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
slayer said:

Thanks

First i would say, go to the fantasy board......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad