2001 draft

Nich

Dec 8, 2004
Wantagh
i still would put blackburn early in the draft. i mean just think, being drafted by another team would have changed the course of his life that he maybe wouldnb't have hurt himself. and he was a solid young goalie with a lot of talent.....still a damn shame

TheRedressor

Oct 3, 2005
Blackburn looked great as an 18 and 19 year old. You can only imagine what he would have done by the time he was 25

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
i still would put blackburn early in the draft. i mean just think, being drafted by another team would have changed the course of his life that he maybe wouldnb't have hurt himself. and he was a solid young goalie with a lot of talent.....still a damn shame

lol. i have never thought about that. but i think you are on to something. what happened to blackburn was terrible. i cant imagine how bad it feels to be forced to retire at that age. and he could have been a star. i wonder what the goalie situation in NYR would have been.

Habs4ever

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal, (Quebec)
Visit site
but one thing separates him

That is a comment that applies to almost all of the players in that draft.

is the injuries, if he finally takes the deserving roster spot then nobody would doubt him..

Montreal lost hainsey to waivers after many years of up and down, I see same fate for Cola if he doesn't take the NHL roster spot this year...

habsfan44

Jul 26, 2006
Blackburn looked great as an 18 and 19 year old. You can only imagine what he would have done by the time he was 25
yeah i remember watching this guy as an 18 year old on t. v. and i thought he played with poise and confidence , he could have been a great one . imo he deserved to be picked where was , and if not for the injury we might be saying that he was the steal of this draft .

Mr BLUEandWHITE

Nov 14, 2005
Toronto
I don't think that this is a weak draft but here is my top ten

1. (1) Ilya Kovalchuk
2. (13) Ales Hemsky
3. (2) Jason Spezza
4. (5) Stephen Weiss
5. (9) Tuomo Ruutu
6. (12) Dan Hamhuis
7. (19) Shaone Morrisonn
8. (22) Jiri Novotny