2000 Eastern Conference Finals

jghockey

Aug 14, 2018
Lindros still averaged over a point a game that season and was the Flyers third leading scorer. In Game 6 of that New Jersey series, he was by far the best Flyer on the ice.

But he ruined and disrupted the chemistry of the team. They were better off without him.

Last edited by a moderator:

whcanuck

May 11, 2017
The two images I always remember from this series were Brian Boucher's breakway save on Patrik Elias where he flipped over to his back, used his arm to stop the shot and lost his mask. Then I remember the puck getting stuck in his mask. That was a heartbreaker for Philadelphia, New Jersey just completely flipped the switch after game 4

Randy Marsh

Aug 20, 2012
At that point, the feud between Lindros and Clarke was at the boiling point. Things have gotten so bad that Clarke stripped Lindros of the captaincy and gave it to Eric Desjardins. The Flyers were winning in spite of Lindros not because of him.

This. They were done with him after that season no matter what happened.

I'm not so sure that a Stanley Cup would have even saved that relationship. Ed Snider and Clarke just couldnt deal with the family anymore.

jghockey

Aug 14, 2018
This. They were done with him after that season no matter what happened.

I'm not so sure that a Stanley Cup would have even saved that relationship. Ed Snider and Clarke just couldnt deal with the family anymore.

Nope. Not even a Stanley Cup for the Flyers would have healed the divide between Lindros and the Flyers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad