Prospect Info: #200 OA - Left Wing - Adam Marsh, QMJHL

StormSurge9

Aug 9, 2009
Guelph, ONT
If I remember correctly there were question marks surrounding Athanasiou's attitude as well when we drafted him.

He seems to have come out ok. Hopefully this kid does the same.

I remember this, he was frustrated because it was his draft year and he was buried on the depth chart in London, not getting a whole lot of ice time. By all accounts, he changed once he got to Barrie and I haven't heard any negatives since arriving in GR either.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Hakan is pretty emphatic about he doesn't really like scouting goalies. Now I am sure he had input, but perhaps Hakan's opinion was that Europe was weak this year and he didn't want to take a flier on many of the players.

I think the hype at the top of this draft really had people sideways on how good it was. Two generational talents going 1 and 2 will do that. But in my opinion the 2013 draft blew this one out of the water. Happy we got a player that I like in the first and I like the thinking behind some the reaches, a couple kids of pros that will have a sound board at home on what it takes to make the league. Again the Wings went with some size and as always they went to leagues they think are undervalued and under-scouted.

I know we all want Hakan to make a lot of picks, but the fact that we don't appear to have one in this draft says more to me about his feelings on the players in his neck of the woods this year.

Marsh has a heavy shot and is a young guy that could develop a good looking 3rd or 4th line game. But I actually like what I have seen of his game, kind of like young Bertuzzi in that he plays a more robust game than his frame really can currently deliver. If he grows into that while not having near the high end skill or pest quality he could still develop into a decent guy that finishes checks hard and unleashes that heavy NHL shot for 10 to 15 goals a year.

First 2 rounds were deep, think it will yield several good defenseman. If we kept our 2nd our haul would look significantly different.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Loved that open-ice hit at 1:29. :yo:

He had a good one at 40 seconds as well.

It seems like a solid pick because I think without attitude concerns he woulda went a lot higher. Apparently hes one of the hardest hitters in the Q as well, at only 160 lbs. Not sure where I read this but his coach was quoted at saying if he gets up to a more average weight of 180-190 it will be scary how hard he can hit guys because he runs guys over regulalrly already.

Hopefully the attitude stuff is done with and this guy can become a nasty third liner in the future

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->