20 Years of OHL Regular Season Standings

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Made this chart. Thought I'd share it since I thinks it's a pretty good view of how each team has performed over the last 20 years. Each dot represents the position that the team finished the regular season that year. Dots close to the outside are better than dots close to the inside.

There are 22 years of data on the OHL website, but the first year available (1997-1998) there were only 18 teams in the league, so I dropped off that data point. I then also dropped off 1998-1999 to get down to 20 years, as it's a much nicer number to work with.

To create this chart, I used Microsoft Excel and created a Radar with Markers chart. I removed the lines and played with the formatting a bit. I also created a small offset each year so that you could see when a team had multiple years with the same value.

If you click on the chart you can open it up full size. Hopefully someone else finds it useful.

View media item 4441

Rubbers29

Jan 9, 2012
Amazing the difference between Plymouth and Flint being as they’re the same franchise, Plymouth minus their last year (the only low dot on their chart) were perennial contenders and Flint hasn’t manage to climb from the basement yet, hopefully the upward swing at the end of the season continues for them and they can get back to some of the former glory days

Edit: Posted this onthe graphic yesterday instead of the thread

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Amazing the difference between Plymouth and Flint being as they’re the same franchise, Plymouth minus their last year (the only low dot on their chart) were perennial contenders and Flint hasn’t manage to climb from the basement yet, hopefully the upward swing at the end of the season continues for them and they can get back to some of the former glory days

Edit: Posted this onthe graphic yesterday instead of the thread

Look no further than the GM. Plymouth's superstar GM/coach left after Plymouth's second last season and is now coaching Carolina's AHL team (Charlotte - first overall this season).

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Look no further than the GM. Plymouth's superstar GM/coach left after Plymouth's second last season and is now coaching Carolina's AHL team (Charlotte - first overall this season).

Plymouth was always one of the most formidable teams to meet in the playoffs.

Won't forget Plymouth's decimation of the Kane-Gagner-Kostityn led Knights.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad