Post-Game Talk: #20| Pittsburgh Penguins @ New York Islanders | February 27th | 7:00 PM | F/OTL 4-3

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
A horrendous play by Pulock entering the offensive zone. He knows Barzal is changing, just hold it at center and wait for fresh legs .
Pulock and Pelech were taking some chances tonight. Not making the sure thing play. Wasn’t happy with either one of them tonight.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Leddy on post game interview is awful. Precanned answers and not even answering the question.

Vs

“looks like all of Canada is rolling over after this one”

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
The top 4 for the playoffs is most likely coming from the top 5. The PIT H2H may play a deciding factor later on on something, seeding, making the playoffs, etc.

scottywiper

Dec 2, 2018
The top 4 for the playoffs is most likely coming from the top 5. The PIT H2H may play a deciding factor later on on something, seeding, making the playoffs, etc.
These losses and becoming really costly. Handing them points while taking them away from ourselves.
Which would be far more acceptable if we weren't the better team in every game against them

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
These losses and becoming really costly. Handing them points while taking them away from ourselves.
Which would be far more acceptable if we weren't the better team in every game against them

As much as you need to roll into the playoffs on a solid streak.....

.... we kinda need one of those streaks now....

scott99

May 13, 2005
Last year Boston owned us, this year we own them. Last year we owned Pittsburgh, this year they own us.

I’m kinda baffled by some Trotz roster moves this year, may have cost at least 3-4 losses. Don’t understand sitting Sorokin 1 1/2 weeks after he gets a shutout, now you expect him to come in sharp after all that time off ? Bizarre. Obviously Varlamov played like he was fatigued. At age 33, Varlamov should be getting 2 starts to every 1 for Sorokin, not 4 to every 1. Can’t keep both goalies sharp by giving a guy 4 starts out of 20. And starting the other guy 16 out of 20.

LetsGoIslanders

Mar 6, 2005
NYC
Exactly. The sleeves were too long and it didn't fit right in the waist. Usually he's pretty sharp. I wonder if he spilled his drink on himself and this was an emergency wardrobe change?

Are we talking about the same Butch Goring?

His hotel room broken into while he was playing and his wardrobe wasn't stolen. When he coached in the 90s it was earth-tones. He's infamous for his bad fashion. I suspect his second wife has whipped him into shape as she's a producer with MSG.

Reactions: MJF

Icejoker

Sep 14, 2015
they have 12 points of 12 against Buffalo and Boston and 6 of 14 against Pittsburgh och Philadelpila , next game is against Bittsburgh.

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
Varlamov was not impressive tonight. He allowed at least two and arguably 3 weak goals. I am really glad we should finally get another look at Sorokin tomorrow.
But these losses to Pittsburgh are not something to just overlook. That is 4 straight losses to what is an average at best team. They are 7-7 against the rest of the division and 4-1 against us. We have essentially handed them 8 points in the standings. In a shortened season when every game is a 4 point game and everything is so tight in the standings that is a killer. I really hope this does not come back to bite us.
As opposed to the last few years we are really struggling against the likely playoff teams we are competing against. Except for Boston, who we have somehow owned, we have been dreadful against all of the Caps, Flyers and Penguins. Think about where we would be if we won even just 2 or 3 of the 8 games we have lost against those teams.
The Penguins are not a good team, not even on paper anymore, and losing 4 straight against them is not acceptable.
Hopefully Sorokin can get us a win tomorrow.

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
Pulock and Pelech were taking some chances tonight. Not making the sure thing play. Wasn’t happy with either one of them tonight.

Tonight's versions of Pulock and Pelech reminded me of their AHL days. Opting to gamble and try to make something out of nothing, when they should have just played it safe. Hopefully they worked it out of their systems for a while and realize that it is far better to pick their spots going forward - especially if the forwards are skating well and generating offense.

Reactions: MJF

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad