GDT: 20 Mar 2014 / Wild @ Devils / 6 PM CT - 1 AM Suomi / FS-N+, MSG PLUS

Status
Not open for further replies.

TZM

Par too easy
Mar 25, 2012
Kerava
Very lot terribility. No good.

NJD hasn't got half the roster the Wild has, yet they somehow can make a few passes to get an open lane to get a shot. I can't see how this is not a matter of bad coaching.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Koivu doesn't look like he's 100% healthy, IMO. His skating looked awkward at times last night.

Anyone else think the same?

Yes. The worrying thing is that he looked like that at the end of last year, also.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
The funny thing about Poms effectiveness( or lack of) on the point is that this has been going on for a long time. The Buffalo people warned us about it when he was traded to us.

elnewby

Feb 21, 2012
MT
Koivu doesn't look like he's 100% healthy, IMO. His skating looked awkward at times last night.

Anyone else think the same?

Honestly, I seem him floating around a lot and just reaching in with his stick instead of skating. Sadly, he looks a lot like Heatley on skates. Anyone else see this?

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
Koivu don't look right. There's no way that dude is at 100%.

And knowing how he is, he is playing slightly injured still. Believe it or not, he does want to help the team as much as possible, you know, captain things and all that.

I'm sure come the offseason, we'll hear about how he'll have to have surgery on his ankle...

Minny Lakes

Apr 4, 2013
I'm sure come the offseason, we'll hear about how he'll have to have surgery on his ankle...

That's what everyone said after the playoffs last year when Koivu played terribly....."Oh, he must be hurt, expect an injury announcement after the season."
And it just turned out he was playing bad, probably the same thing this season, he's just not playing well.

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
It is possible.

However, he played quite well against Boston - one of our best players, as well as against the Isles, for what it's worth.

Our whole damned team didn't show up against the Devils, so I'm not going to single our any player for that game.

Seriously, this game was just ****, and against a team that has had a bad year and is plagued by injury... Just pathetic.

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
That's what everyone said after the playoffs last year when Koivu played terribly....."Oh, he must be hurt, expect an injury announcement after the season."
And it just turned out he was playing bad, probably the same thing this season, he's just not playing well.

He didn't play terribly. He was busy shutting down one of the best lines in hockey. If that's not enough for you, then I don't know what is.

Wild Caniac

@WildCaniac
Jan 23, 2013
NC
Some Devils staff have been saying the Minnesota fan was being a dick and provoking it, but regardless, the Devils fans are known for being rowdy. This doesn't surprise me, but it's sad.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Some Devils staff have been saying the Minnesota fan was being a dick and provoking it, but regardless, the Devils fans are known for being rowdy. This doesn't surprise me, but it's sad.

It should be noted that the guy had a Team USA Parise jersey on and while he very well could have been a Wild fan, it sounds like he was just there to troll the Devils fans (if the Devils' fans accounts are true).

I'm sure neither side is completely innocent in the matter. Disgusting.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
The worst part, and this was pointed out in the Puck Daddy article, is that this whole incident is going to get more press than anything good the NHL or hockey in general can do right now. The media will get right on this and everyone who reads about it will think that hockey fans are a bunch of immature, violent bigots.

Marc87

May 9, 2012

I sat one section from this *********, he was causing trouble all game and hurling out the "fa**ot" word every 10 seconds after people booed Parise. It makes me sick that what happens next is a bunch of negative PR on the Devils and us fans because lazy "writers" can't fact check before putting this hurtful drunk dick's Redit rant online.

Everything he said was the exact opposite of how it really happened, including the "dad cursing in front of his kid". This dude was a trouble maker and from what I've heard, he pulled the same crap at Nassau Coliseum the other night when you guys played the Islanders.

This dude's a psychopath and I hope he gets banned from our building. Absolutely everything he said, point by point, was a straight-up lie. As a season ticket holder, I take my team, and the image of our fans very personal and it hurts us when 5 or 6 major hockey media outlets take a story like this and run it. I saw 15-20 Parise MINNESOTA jerseys in the corridors who were going about their business with absolutely no one giving them trouble. And for whatever reason, this drunk idiot with a Team USA Parise jersey is given a stage to tell some bogus story about how his life was in danger from the train station to the arena???? C'mon...

Imagine it from our point of view. No one pulled the story, they're still up. Headlines are still there on the front pages of Puck Daddy and Deadspin... Writers acknowledged they were wrong, on Twitter, but why take it down? But now we get to sift through pages and pages of hurtful jokes and derogatory comments about the State of New Jersey, our people, and our team, just because of this idiot.

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
This incident is really embarrassing...

I just don't understand people that get off on going out of their way to just mess with other people for no reason than to just be an *******.

Those poor kids too... Whomever was at fault.

So. Not. Cool.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Whichever party is at fault there the end result is a lot of bad publicity for hockey in general.

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal
The worst part, and this was pointed out in the Puck Daddy article, is that this whole incident is going to get more press than anything good the NHL or hockey in general can do right now. The media will get right on this and everyone who reads about it will think that hockey fans are a bunch of immature, violent bigots.

I think people are smart enough to realize that's just New Jersey. :sarcasm:

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
He didn't play terribly. He was busy shutting down one of the best lines in hockey. If that's not enough for you, then I don't know what is.

So that's why he was a -6 and in between the last month and in the playoffs, he only had 4 points in 19 games and was a -12.

Something was wrong with Koivu, injury or not something was up with him during the playoffs. Hopefully he doesn't disappear again because we'll need both lines at their best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad