BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
Braun CF 53.90%, xGF 54.13%, HDCF 53.95%
Gudas CF 50.00% xGF 47.99%, HDCF 43.70%

Flyers CF 51.49%, xGF 50.47%, HDCF 50.42%
Wash CF 49.73%, xGF 50.89%, HDCF 48.13%
Last time I checked, the Caps were 14-3-4, had a +16 goal differential and the best record in the conference.

There is a lot more to this game than the stats you post again and again.

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
I dont see what youre seeing. Pacing for 20ish points and seems to be chasing the play a lot in the dzone.

@JojoTheWhale and I seem to be in the minority on this board when it comes to Sanheim. I like to keep track of all of the defenseman’s shifts in each game and mark each shift as good, bad, or neutral. Most of Sanheim’s shifts end up in the good category. It’s a subjective exercise so take that for what it’s worth. Where Sanheim has really struggled is in 50/50 battles. He loses way too many of those. It’s been that way for the majority of NHL career to date. I very much would like to see improvement there

Reactions: Rebels57

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
I’m almost exclusively a ribeye guy, I’ve never heard of that salt, I will have to look for it.

Same. Ribeyes are where it’s at. Jane’s Crazy Mixed-Up Salt doesn’t have a lot extra crap in it. Just: salt, herbs & spices, dehydrated onion, & dehydrated garlic. I season my burgers with it as well. Adds excellent flavor

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Oddly enough I feel like Sanheim is struggling a lot more than Myers. Hes been my biggest dissapointment on D so far this season.
I have to say that I'm disappointed from Sanheim performances this season. He looks slower, lazy, weak sometimes in my eyes.

tenor.gif

This suggests otherwise...

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
tenor.gif

This suggests otherwise...

Something feels off about that. Hes not even on the PP and his 1 goal 5 points at 5v5 isnt spectacular. Is he boosted by his PK performance? What am I missing here?

Its worth nothing those numbers are from prior to 11/8. That pair has looked rough the past week at times. I wonder if and how that effects Sanheim GAR?

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
@JojoTheWhale and I seem to be in the minority on this board when it comes to Sanheim. I like to keep track of all of the defenseman’s shifts in each game and mark each shift as good, bad, or neutral. Most of Sanheim’s shifts end up in the good category. It’s a subjective exercise so take that for what it’s worth. Where Sanheim has really struggled is in 50/50 battles. He loses way too many of those. It’s been that way for the majority of NHL career to date. I very much would like to see improvement there

Funny, I pointed that out a couple years ago and got my usual abuse.
Yes, size (strength) matters.
Sanheim is close to 6'4 and while he's gotten stronger, he needs to add more muscle the next couple years, he's was listed at 205 on the TC roster, but probably needs to get up in the 210-215 range.
His height makes it hard for him to get leverage against shorter players, so he needs to be strong enough to compensate for the higher center of gravity.

Size/strength isn't the be all or end all, but it is a significant attribute, just like speed, quickness, agility, etc.
Ghost will always be undersized, and that's a liability, in the same way his quickness/agility is an asset.
When assessing a player, you have to take all these factors into account.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Last time I checked, the Caps were 14-3-4, had a +16 goal differential and the best record in the conference.

There is a lot more to this game than the stats you post again and again.

Somehow I don't think Gudas is a major reason for their record.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Costco lol, I find their steaks good.

I'll second that, much better meat than supermarkets, and at attractive prices to boot.
I'll buy a four pack then seal them with a foodsaver (it's the air in the package that leads to freezer burn as moisture evaporates and crystallizes).
If you like your steaks on the raw side, you can grill them partially frozen, the outside will get that nice patina while the center stays red.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Funny, I pointed that out a couple years ago and got my usual abuse.
Yes, size (strength) matters.
Sanheim is close to 6'4 and while he's gotten stronger, he needs to add more muscle the next couple years, he's was listed at 205 on the TC roster, but probably needs to get up in the 210-215 range.
His height makes it hard for him to get leverage against shorter players, so he needs to be strong enough to compensate for the higher center of gravity.

Size/strength isn't the be all or end all, but it is a significant attribute, just like speed, quickness, agility, etc.
Ghost will always be undersized, and that's a liability, in the same way his quickness/agility is an asset.
When assessing a player, you have to take all these factors into account.
Strength doesn't matter when he's actively avoiding hits. He's one of the softest defensemen I've ever seen on our team.
I don't expect him to hit everyone in sight, but don't play like a p***y.

Reactions: Ghosts Beer

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I'll second that, much better meat than supermarkets, and at attractive prices to boot.
I'll buy a four pack then seal them with a foodsaver (it's the air in the package that leads to freezer burn as moisture evaporates and crystallizes).
If you like your steaks on the raw side, you can grill them partially frozen, the outside will get that nice patina while the center stays red.
Cavemen do.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
WAR breakdowns always seem to have a lot of outliers

By what rationale are guys like McDavid, Draisaitl and Pastrnak not at the top of stat-sheet that is supposed to reflect net contributions to team success?

But but but if it says Sanheim is a stud, it must be right!

Watching laypeople cite stats like GAR is funny to me. These are obviously useful stats, but it’s not nearly so simple as “Player X has great GAR, therefore player X is great!!!” There’s so much more chaos involved, and distilling a player’s impact to one number reveals a profound lack of statistical intuition.

In reality, the proliferation of advanced stats hasn’t made fans smarter so much as it’s allowed fans to confirm all of their preexisting perceptions with whichever number confirms the narrative they like best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad