News Article: 20 Great Quotes from the Sabres 2012 Draft

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Grigorenko’s upside is right there with Yakupov’s. Elite hockey sense, high-end puck skills, skates well, can dominate puck possession.
— Corey Pronman (@coreypronman) June 23, 2012

Craig Button, TSN analyst and former NHL GM, on Zemgus Girgensons
“What (Toronto GM) Brian Burke always says is that he wants players with equal parts of testosterone, truculence and belligerence… When he says that, he could be talking about Zemgus Girgensons.”
More

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Mikhail Grigorenko
“All the time, I think the Buffalo Sabres jersey is, like, one of the most beautiful jerseys in the League.”

Mikhail Grigorenko
“I was deceived. They told me the jerseys were royal blue.”​

Reactions: sabremike

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Would've been really interesting to see Grigorenko on a real team's development path. Apparently he's real good in the KHL.

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
Was the Chuck Norris meme still around in 2012?
You could replace Zemgus Girgensons' name with Chuck Norris in half of those quotes about him.

John Vogl of The Buffalo News on Zemgus Girgensons
“Girgensons is a 6-foot-2 mountain of fury in a flat-top buzzcut. The 198-pound center would rather go through defenders than around them, but he has the ability to do both.”​

If Girgensons’ tattoo says anything, it tells us that he eats other hockey players for breakfast. #ScaryDude#Sabres twitter.com/ScottyMCSS/sta…
— Scott Michalak (@ScottyMCSS) June 23, 2012

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
I remember watching that draft and when Washington took Forsberg, I was estatic and couldn't believe he fell and then the Buffalo came out of me and I immediately went to, why did we get something nice, he must be broken.

DolanPlsGoSabres

スカンデッラ
Mar 17, 2013
Nagoya
I remember watching that draft and when Washington took Forsberg, I was estatic and couldn't believe he fell and then the Buffalo came out of me and I immediately went to, why did we get something nice, he must be broken.

Darcy Lindy Ron and Ted all mismanaged the guy. Rushed him for no real reason at all.

The days when we thought we had an amazing C core with CoHo, Ennis, Grigs and Girgs....

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Are people really trying to blame the Sabres for Grigorenko? At this point he'd have made it in the NHL irrespective of how the Sabres handled him.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
Are people really trying to blame the Sabres for Grigorenko? At this point he'd have made it in the NHL irrespective of how the Sabres handled him.
I blame em. The shell shocked him and at 25 he seems like he is back to being what we hoped he would be.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad