20 goal game in the OHL today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
London beat Toronto 14-6. A real defensive struggle.

London got 5 goals on 5-on-3 power plays, and 5 London players had 2 or more goals (Beaulieu, Kostitsyn, Schremp, Hunter, Perry).

Rob Schremp had 8 points (ties a Knights record), Bolland had 6, and Hunter 4.

Sounds like it would have been a fun game to see.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Battochio30 said:
Wasn't it 4-4 after the second???
Yeah, sounds like a pretty wild 3rd. (It was actually 5-4 London after a late goal.)

MomentsofSanity

Sep 20, 2005
London, ON
FLYLine88 said:
I dont know about a 14-6 game being excited...that kinda seems like overkill...maybe a 9-6 game.

Hunter made it no secret last year that he is more than willing to run up a score to punish a team for taking liberties with his players... can't really say that was the case in this game... they also said after Friday's 11 goal game against Windsor that they are giving the top line guys opportunity to pad their stats for the scoring race.....

McDeepika

Aug 14, 2004
Claypool said:
It's junior hockey

So 14 points in the last 2 games is common? No way Schremp keeps this up but 28 points in 6 games is amazing. Let's not forget top prospects such as Carter Perry Richards etc played in junior last year as 19 year olds and none of them did what Schremp is doing so far.

MomentsofSanity

Sep 20, 2005
London, ON
oilerlova said:
So 14 points in the last 2 games is common? No way Schremp keeps this up but 28 points in 6 games is amazing. Let's not forget top prospects such as Carter Perry Richards etc played in junior last year as 19 year olds and none of them did what Schremp is doing so far.

With the rule changes favouring the scorers you can't really compare what goes on this year with years past. Yes Schremp is on one heck of a tear...but what would Carter/Perry/Richards have produced with the same opportunities in the "New OHL".

Claypool_*

Seachd said:
What is this supposed to mean?

It means he's clearly playing in a league that he shouldn't be in. He's already proven he can be dominant that league. I'd like to see him play in a more competitive league. I know that is out of his control however.

Claypool_*

RMU85 said:
yes so that means Crosby's records in junior and his points weren't impressive either. Thats fair right?

You're comparing what Schremp is doing at 19 to what Crosby did at 16 and 17?

Sixty Six

Feb 28, 2003
Pittsburgh, PA
Visit site
Claypool said:
You're comparing what Schremp is doing at 19 to what Crosby did at 16 and 17?

I'm a huge pens fan and a huge crosby fan, but he only scored in JUNIOR HOCKEY. no where in your post did it say its junior hockey and he is 19 and too good. You made yourself look like an *** by saying its junior hockey ;)

Zetterberg4Captain*

Holy crap! Schremp still only went +1 because they were 8/18 on the PP and I thought Toronto's 16 PP's against Atlanta were WAY to much! Why did Toronto keep Wayne Savage in there for all 14 goals?!?!?!?!

Spooky371*

Did someone know how many points have put Kostitsyn in this game ?

Transported Upstater

AG said:
Holy crap! Schremp still only went +1 because they were 8/18 on the PP and I thought Toronto's 16 PP's against Atlanta were WAY to much! Why did Toronto keep Wayne Savage in there for all 14 goals?!?!?!?!

Yeah, that's humiliating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad