GDT: #20; Depth Charge. Oilers v Flames - Feb 20 - 8 PM on SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
The key matchup last night was Backlund on McDavid. That Flamers line were dominant. Can't believe it will happen again.

Backlund is one of the most underrated players in the league. He’s what people think Danault is. Hopefully Connor can adjust

It's because Smith tunes out anything Dustin Schwartz says.

Smith literally said how hard he’s been working with Schwartz

I love this guy

Pronounced Yaffa? Or?

Reactions: TB12

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010
Thats a whole lot of words.

Lets summarize: I said there is no clear divide because had the flames won they would have been 1 pt back with 2 games in hand AND 7 games vs OTT coming up.

This was in response to this by you:
"We're seeing a real divide in the division with a top 4 and bottom 3 (Ott, Van, Cgy). In fairness to Calgary, although they got the Canucks 6 times, they haven't got to play Ottawa yet. Still the divide looks clear enough that I thought I'd take a look at the quality of schedule for the 4 playoff teams."

We are.all in agreement if you dont lump CGY with OTT and VAN.

Oilers or even the Flames may not even win the season series vs Nucks. Way too early right now.

I didnt lump them in. Reality did and I made concessions for it.

I assumed since I included in brackets a breakdown of the GP you could figure out for yourself that Calgary playing Toronto and Montreal only twice that they weren't the biggest impact on the number. Again i didnt choose the bottom 3 teams.

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting
I love this guy

Cute looking puppy. Nice for Jesse to take it out for a walk and enjoying the river valley. I was just out there where he was a couple weeks ago. Great area to explore around. I appreciate that Jesse is taking in some of the finer things COE has to offer in exploring river valley. Nice homes around there too, suspect he lives around there.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Cassie Campbell blows
Like the sinking Calgary (F)Lames
Depth charge the bitches!

A Haiku ... taking into consideration discussions as of late. The battleship made me think of Japan, and thinking of Japan lead straight into Haikus.

I know Haikus are generally about seasons, mine is about the hockey season.

Hoping for and expecting another win for the Admiral Holland and his battleship Oilers.

p.s. I am not a Haiku-ist (Haikuet? Haikuer?), so be nice. ;)

:thumbu: Love the depth charge action

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
Backlund started off very slow this year. Flames fans wanted him out lol. he has turned it on. Get Connor away from him. He cross checks a lot too.

I hope Connor embellishes a tad today

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible
Cute looking puppy. Nice for Jesse to take it out for a walk and enjoying the river valley. I was just out there where he was a couple weeks ago. Great area to explore around. I appreciate that Jesse is taking in some of the finer things COE has to offer in exploring river valley. Nice homes around there too, suspect he lives around there.

Golden Retrievers are the best dogs too, my Brother, best friend and their parents all have Retrievers from the same family lol so when we get together it's literally a family gathering for the dogs.

Reactions: Delicious Pancakes

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Backlund started off very slow this year. Flames fans wanted him out lol. he has turned it on. Get Connor away from him. He cross checks a lot too.

I hope Connor embellishes a tad today
If Connor is getting checked tightly, that's where Leon's line needs to bring it. He struggled last night. When you see his feet not moving at the beginning of the game, you know it's not going to be his night.

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting
Golden Retrievers are the best dogs too, my Brother, best friend and their parents all have Retrievers from the same family lol so when we get together it's literally a family gathering for the dogs.
Really great dog with kids too, gentle, playful, enjoy attention. What I like is that they always seem to be smiling. Love Black Labrador and Golden Retrievers or crosses. I had a Cross, great disposition of dog. Had him for 17yrs and when he died I lost my best friend. Dog owners will understand that.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
I think tonight is going to be a rough one. We need to play tough and not retaliate because I think the Flames are going to come out swinging. And then, our PP needs to make them pay, and not be an an energy drainer like it has been lately.

Reactions: Porkleaker

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible
Really great dog with kids too, gentle, playful, enjoy attention. What I like is that they always seem to be smiling. Love Black Labrador and Golden Retrievers or crosses. I had a Cross, great disposition of dog. Had him for 17yrs and when he died I lost my best friend. Dog owners will understand that.

Yeah, my brother has 3 kids and had 1 retriever but passed away and 2 and 1/2 ...They didn't get the leptospirosis shot and guessing she ate some goose poop or something...ugh, it's not even an expensive shot to get. They learned their lesson with their new one. And we had a couple growing up, it was basically my dog but when we put her to sleep, devastating. Had a Black lab too and a Huskey Shepard cross. This is making me want to get a dog again lol. And yeah they're always smiling, especially when you take them to the lake!

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible
I think tonight is going to be a rough one. We need to play tough and not retaliate because I think the Flames are going to come out swinging. And then, our PP needs to make them pay, and not be an an energy drainer like it has been lately.

Hopefully Tippett stops putting Chiasson on the PP if he wants it to be successful.

Reactions: ElysiumAB

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting
If Connor is getting checked tightly, that's where Leon's line needs to bring it. He struggled last night. When you see his feet not moving at the beginning of the game, you know it's not going to be his night.

Agreed that Leon didn't have it. But Ennis disappeared last night and you don't want to look at Yama's production last 8GP. One tip goal and nothing else offensively. I think Drai is playing through injury presently.

The reality in anycase is the first line is loaded, shouldn't matter who they are playing against, and Drai is not getting the star help on his line. They should at least drop Pulju to Drai line. Not a great distribution of resources having 3/4 of our best forwards all on one line.

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible
Agreed that Leon didn't have it. But Ennis disappeared last night and you don't want to look at Yama's production last 8GP. One tip goal and nothing else offensively. I think Drai is playing through injury presently.

The reality in anycase is the first line is loaded, shouldn't matter who they are playing against, and Drai is not getting the star help on his line. They should at least drop Pulju to Drai line. Not a great distribution of resources having 3/4 of our best forwards all on one line.

I think Drai might be one of the injured players, just looked so off and slow. I hope not but it would explain a lot.

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting
I wonder who is banged up. Please don't be Haas. It's like he plays one game and then is gone. Comes back. Gone. Wouldn't be shocked if it was Drai. Guy has looked off and slow for a while.

Just said Drai. Definitely playing hurt. He eats a lot of abuse and hits/cross checks in the way he plays with the puck. He's moving around gingerly. Probably just bruises, maybe a contusion. He can still generate speed, but its looking painful when he does.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Going nowhere - had my “Likes” taken away by the referees here. I am back in the penalty box for a few weeks and feel shame.
upload_2021-2-20_12-56-30.gif

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Morpheus

nuckin’ futz
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2007
Oak Island - Lot #32
Just said Drai. Definitely playing hurt. He eats a lot of abuse and hits/cross checks in the way he plays with the puck. He's moving around gingerly. Probably just bruises, maybe a contusion. He can still generate speed, but its looking painful when he does.

I agree.
Im thinking Drai has some sort of ailment(s) he’s battling through. But just speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->