GDT: #20; Depth Charge. Oilers v Flames - Feb 20 - 8 PM on SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
Is this one of those games where McDavid will take advantage of tired legs and come out firing on all cylinders???

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Whatever happened to that Ference guy? All I remember is the Oilers paying him $13 million for 32 points and him being -39 in two seasons and a handful of games for the next season. Then he was doing ads for the City telling people how to cut their grass and started some random running club.

I think he works for the NHL working on environmental initiatives in hockey.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Another great GDT @5 Mins 4 Ftg !

I’ll be along for the whole game tonight
View attachment 398308

So hopefully it’s more of a typical BoA
View attachment 398329

May your Depth be underrated again
View attachment 398311

As you start out swift and strong
View attachment 398306

Don’t fall into Calgary’s dirty
View attachment 398307

Deal with them accordingly
View attachment 398310

Play them physical
View attachment 398326

In a way you can get away with
View attachment 398323

May Koskinen make the crucial
View attachment 398309

To
View attachment 398312

728A366F-86F6-4297-AFE9-A89C55A91EF7.gif

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010
Had the flames won last night they would have been only 1 pt back with 2 games in hand. They also play either OTT or EDM 10 more times from end of feb to end march.

Win tonight and we truly pull away. Lose and its murky again.

Do you even read the things I write? Literally nothing I wrote is being refuted by this comment and specifically your last two sentences. What you are doing is called a straw man argument, you are arguing a point that I'm not making but is only superficially related. I haven't chosen the standings they are a reflection of reality and the results represent the very purpose of playing the game. A more reasonable person should consider addressing the point I made regarding Calgary's influence in those stats if they are to provide an actual constructive rebuttal. I'm arguing very little in regards to the Flames and their quality and how it's affected the standings. It's far more centered around the poorness of the Canucks and Sens. I have made numerous concessions and caveats regarding the Flames and how these numbers relate to them and without prompt in the OP. They've played the Canucks a ton, they've played the least diverse schedule, and they haven't got the Sens. I agree this doesn't show the full picture for them, in fact it says the least about them, although it doesn't paint a brighter future either. The Flames I expect to push for a playoff spot but fall short but I'm also not excluding the possibility that at .500 they can't be better and establish themselves in the top 4. Nothing I said or pointed out indicated that. Read more closely please.

It's early but a 3rd of the season isn't THAT early. It really says more to me about Toronto-Montreal-Winnipeg and the difficulty they've had to face. Toronto for example has literally played 2 games against a playoff team other than us (Montreal). They haven't played the Jets or Flames. I expect them to have difficulty with beating the Jets and Canadiens and would imagine those 3 teams either split their games against one another or a modest edge is gained, this will help the Oilers who have been largely splitting their games with the playoff teams (as is necessary). These other top 3 teams can't all keep winning when they start playing each other as it's obviously not possible. They'll either split, like Edmonton has been doing, or one of them will likely rise or fall. It's not the end all be all but it's an obvious edge for the Oilers so why not acknowledge it? I saw it as good news so I decided to share it, that's all. I would have thought people would take it for what it is not try to deconstruct it as an exercise in cynicism.

Last edited:

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
  • Couple of thoughts

• i never knew BOA could be this boring last night
  • Gaeten Haas is miles better than Turris, once he comes back he should be 4th RW or in the pressbox.
  • RNH and Ennis needs to be swapped ASAP
  • Bouchard has been better than Bear this season.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
  • Couple of thoughts
  • i never knew BOA could be this boring last night
  • Gaeten Haas is miles better than Turris, once he comes back he should be 4th RW or in the pressbox.
  • RNH and Ennis needs to be swapped ASAP
  • Bouchard has been better than Bear this season.

No, no he hasn't been.

Reactions: Samus44

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible
Hey, me too.

I asked where wideman was at because our PP was looking like shit, and I got a penalty.

They act like the refs in the Jets game in there. Totally biased and butthurt, I try and avoid it. My only penalty came from in here and it was quite ridiculous.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Only difference between us getting a blowout as opposed to a tight win, is McDrai bringing their A offensive game to the battle.
Sink Das Boot!

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Both goalies are risky as hell. It's like a switch if they are on or off, and there's no way to tell how it will be.

Might as well always split the duties and go with the freshest one. I don't think they get into streaks either. Smith was awesome at first, then awful, then good again.

Plus we need to give Koskinen a fresh slate now that he's not over played. He'll probably be better now that he gets rested.
Smith has been great in 4 out of 5. That sounds like the switch has been on most of the time so far.

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
For my 5000th post I say: GO OILERS GO

If we can move to 12-8 after tonight I will be very happy considering what I thought of this team when we were 4-6 to start the season.

I want playoffs!

Please don't suck Koskinen.

GO OIL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->