Status
Not open for further replies.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
scene 1.png

The good ship Oiler has been puttering and sputtering along the NHL ocean for 6 years now, with a small but crack crew. However the ship was small, and it lacked the depth to take on its opponents who prowled below the surface, trying to sink the Oiler day after day.

Sure, its crack crew managed to gain some victories, however if they didn't do it, no one else did.
Scene 2.png

Admiral Chiarelli tried but managed to get depth that was either too old and worn out, too inconsistent, had no gunpowder, or just did well in the preseason wargames. The crack crew was getting frustrated.

The Commander in Chief kept muttering something being in the water as to why the depth didn't ever work. Yes, something was in the water alright...the enemy! And Oiler depth that didn't work!
Scene 3.png

Year after year went by, and nothing seemed to change. However one day in 2021, in the middle of a pandemic fog, a massive large ship carrying the Oiler flag emerged out of the fog. The crew had seen nothing like it before. Admiral Chiarelli only used a one man kayak that kept tipping over.

Then one day Admiral Chiarelli was keelhauled and never heard from again. A new Admiral was hired, and spoke of finding new depth, and being patient with new recruits. He had a reputation of sailing the biggest, baddest, meanest ship of them all.

Could it be.....
Scene 4.png

YES, YES IT IS.

The new Admirals ship emerged from the fog and suddenly was seen by the crack crew in all her glory!!!

The Admiral stepped onto the Bridge and waved to the crack crew on the old ship Oiler.

It was Admiral Holland!
Scene 5.png

Music played, trumpets blasted, the King of the High Seas and Lord of the Admiralty was here!

He hailed the crack crew and said - "I bring you trained recruits, mercenaries from other teams, an elderly but wise goaltender, defence, confidence and depth! Come aboard the new ship OILER!"
Scene 6.png

The crack crew rejoiced.

They boarded the new ship OILER and let the old ship float away. It had many memories, most of them bad. It was time to make new memories on the new ship OILER with its large crew and lots of depth! They no sooner boarded then the klaxon alarm went off!!!!!

ENEMY SIGHTED AT 8 O CLOCK!!!!

Time to hunt some Flame submarine.
Scene 7.png

The new crew went right to work, locating the enemy and began furiously lobbing Pizza and Bouchard bombs into the water. One after the other after the other. The pressure was relentless, from which there was no escape.
Scene 8.png

Depth was hurled at the enemy, one after the other after the other.
Scene 9.png

The enemy tried to evade and tried to attack the OILER.

However it was the OILER depth that continued a furious assault on the enemy.

It was no use.
Scene 10.png

FINAL VICTORY WAS OURS, AND WILL BE OURS.

With DEPTH, the new ship piloted by Admiral Holland King of the Ocean and Lord of the Admiralty the OILER shall be the terror of the seas.

(zoom in to see what Rattie has to say)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:edmonton

TONIGHTS LINES

RNH - McDavid - PJ
Kahun - Draisaitl - Honey Badger
Ennis - Khaira - Archi
Neal - Haas - Chaisson

Nurse - Barrie
Russell - Larsson
4K - Bouchard

Koskinen and Pray

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TEAM EVIL INCARNATE

:flames

TONIGHTS LINES

Johnny Potty - Cletus Lindholm - Joshboy Liev
Ratboy Tkaturtle - Woody Backlund - Elrod Mangypane
Jim Bob Lucic - Billy Bob Bennett - Billy Ray Dube
Billy Joe Nordstrom - Glenboy Gawdin - Buddy “that’s my real name” Robinson

Kneeordano - Augustus Andersson
Bubba Hanifin - Bodean Tanev
Eustace Valimaki - Bobo Nesterov

Buck Markstrom

GD MUSIC

BISMARK by SABATON

FEARLESS PREDICTION

We send the Flames to a watery grave.

We win.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Last edited:

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
View attachment 398250

The good ship Oiler has been puttering and sputtering along the NHL ocean for 6 years now, with a small but crack crew. However the ship was small, and it lacked the depth to take on its opponents who prowled below the surface, trying to sink the Oiler day after day.

Sure, its crack crew managed to gain some victories, however if they didn't do it, no one else did.
View attachment 398251

Admiral Chiarelli tried but managed to get depth that was either too old and worn out, too inconsistent, had no gunpowder, or just did well in the preseason wargames. The crack crew was getting frustrated.

The Commander in Chief kept muttering something being in the water as to why the depth didn't ever work. Yes, something was in the water alright...the enemy! And Oiler depth that didn't work!
View attachment 398252

Year after year went by, and nothing seemed to change. However one day in 2021, in the middle of a pandemic fog, a massive large ship carrying the Oiler flag emerged out of the fog. The crew had seen nothing like it before. Admiral Chiarelli only used a one man kayak that kept tipping over.

Then one day Admiral Chiarelli was keelhauled and never heard from again. A new Admiral was hired, and spoke of finding new depth, and being patient with new recruits. He had a reputation of sailing the biggest, baddest, meanest ship of them all.

Could it be.....
View attachment 398253

YES, YES IT IS.

The new Admirals ship emerged from the fog and suddenly was seen by the crack crew in all her glory!!!

The Admiral stepped onto the Bridge and waved to the crack crew on the old ship Oiler.

It was Admiral Holland!
View attachment 398254

Music played, trumpets blasted, the King of the High Seas and Lord of the Admiralty was here!

He hailed the crack crew and said - "I bring you trained recruits, mercenaries from other teams, an elderly but wise goaltender, defence, confidence and depth! Come aboard the new ship OILER!"
View attachment 398255

The crack crew rejoiced.

They boarded the new ship OILER and let the old ship float away. It had many memories, most of them bad. It was time to make new memories on the new ship OILER with its large crew and lots of depth! They no sooner boarded then the klaxon alarm went off!!!!!

ENEMY SIGHTED AT 8 O CLOCK!!!!

Time to hunt some Flame submarine.
View attachment 398256

The new crew went right to work, locating the enemy and began furiously lobbing Pizza and Bouchard bombs into the water. One after the other after the other. The pressure was relentless, from which there was no escape.
View attachment 398257

Depth was hurled at the enemy, one after the other after the other.
View attachment 398258

The enemy tried to evade and tried to attack the OILER.

However it was the OILER depth that continued a furious assault on the enemy.

It was no use.
View attachment 398259

FINAL VICTORY WAS OURS, AND WILL BE OURS.

With DEPTH, the new ship piloted by Admiral Holland King of the Ocean and Lord of the Admiralty the OILER shall be the terror of the seas.

(zoom in to see what Rattie has to say)

:edmonton

PROJECTED LINES

RNH - McDavid - PJ
Ennis - Draisaitl - Honey Badger
Kahun - Khaira - Archi
Neal - Haas - Chaisson

Nurse - Barrie
Russell - Larsson
4K - Bouchard

Koskinen and Pray

TEAM EVIL INCARNATE

:flames

PROJECTED LINES

Johnny Potty - Cletus Lindholm - Billy Ray Dube
Elrod Mangypane - Woody Backlund - Ratboy Tkaturtle
Jim Bob Lucic - Billy Bob Bennett - Clyde Ritchie
Billy Joe Nordstrom - Chunky Froese - Josh Lievo

Kneeordano - Augustus Andersson
Bubba Hanifin - Bodean Tanev
Bobo Mackay - Eustace Valimaki

Buck Markstrom

GD MUSIC

BISMARK by SABATON

FEARLESS PREDICTION

We send the Flames to a watery grave.

We win.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

I liked the environmental concern in the last pic.

brentashton

Sofa Counterweight
Jan 21, 2018
@5minsforfighting I love your combination of storytelling and comedic genius! The section about the abandoned anchors on the bottom of the sea floor but they were just Mark Fayne and Andrew Ference, had me howling, along with the ever present but sinking Rattie in the various panels was so funny. I hope the game later tonight provides as much enjoyment as the GDT opener did. Well done sir!

Wen22

May 28, 2006
Edmonton
I think all future GDTs should be made by either @Wen22 or @5 Mins 4 Ftg

I think getting our virtual likes should be more than enough compensation for their time and effort. :sarcasm:

*Takes sledgehammer to drawing tablet*
Oh no, how did that happen, so unfortunate!

I do feel bad that @5 Mins 4 Ftg puts so much effort in his GDT's, while I half ass mine

Another awesome one again!

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible

I do feel bad that @5 Mins 4 Ftg puts so much effort in his GDT's, while I half ass mine

What? yours aren't 1/2 assed at all! It might just be easier because you're used to drawing the Oilers and can probably do it faster, but they're solid GDTs!!!

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
Who was the jagoff beside Cassie guffawing about oiler depth.

Jagoff; saying the oilers have depth is ridiculous. Sure they are getting depth scoring but I don't think we can say they have actual depth.

Other guy; well they are winning games right now because of their depth scoring

Jagoff; no.

Me; ....?

Jagoff; ....just....no.

Feb 9, 2013
Cassie Campbell blows
Like the sinking Calgary (F)Lames
Depth charge the bitches!

A Haiku ... taking into consideration discussions as of late. The battleship made me think of Japan, and thinking of Japan lead straight into Haikus.

I know Haikus are generally about seasons, mine is about the hockey season.

Hoping for and expecting another win for the Admiral Holland and his battleship Oilers.

p.s. I am not a Haiku-ist (Haikuet? Haikuer?), so be nice. ;)

Last edited:

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC

That's like McDavid saying that he half assed last season after Draisaitl won the Hart. At the end of the day, you are both elite talents and are a gift to this board.

Last edited:

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible
Or how about just getting a win in regulation. Who cares how they get it done?

A win is a win but Calgary are so down on themselves as are their fans, like an 8-0 win would be very amusing to watch and send them spiraling further into a pit of despair.

Reactions: TB12

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Koskinen starting? Gonna need 5+ goals to have a chance for a win.
Both goalies are risky as hell. It's like a switch if they are on or off, and there's no way to tell how it will be.

Might as well always split the duties and go with the freshest one. I don't think they get into streaks either. Smith was awesome at first, then awful, then good again.

Plus we need to give Koskinen a fresh slate now that he's not over played. He'll probably be better now that he gets rested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->