20 Controversies From the 2015 NHL Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
It's pathetic that someone is so sensitive and emotionally-weak to get so bent out of shape over being called a different name.

Hate to jump off topic here, but, there are fights everyday from name calling. Heck, you can even be killed for it. Jim Rome is a tool, I'm glad he got shown a seat and embarrassed on TV.

Buck Aki Berg

Done with this place
Sep 17, 2008
Ottawa, ON
I don't understand why people are giving you a hard time. :laugh:

People don't like being told that they (or their ideas) are sexist, particularly over smaller things like this. We live in an age where to be seen as sexist has a worse-than-Hitler connotation to it, and it doesn't help that we use the same word - "sexist" - to describe someone who calls Corey Perry 'Katy', as we do to describe a sleazy business owner who only hires attractive women and fires the ones who won't sleep with him. It's just as bad as using the word "food" to describe carrots and donuts, and it's a serious barrier to eliminating sexism in society.

Rhiessan71

Just a Fool
Feb 17, 2003
Guelph, Ont
Visit site
What was the penalty the Senators got with two men being thrown out of the face off? And it was the first time the rule was ever enforced - or in the playoffs at least?

I thought that was ridiculous.

That's an automatic call, the same as if the puck was shot over the glass.
Too many linesman dick around too much on def zone draws and he forgot that the ref had thrown out a Sen already when he called the false start on the next Sen.
Soon as that happened the Habs bench exploded cause they knew it was an automatic 2.
Once the first guy is tossed, any delay or false start for the 2nd guy is an automatic.

Obviously as a Habs fan, I was happy but its not like it helped us. Habs PP was brutal all year.

But yeah I agree, it's a crap penalty and I just wish they would drop the ******* puck.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
If people really think so, they should man up. It's as offensive as the "refs, you suck" chant.

It's just funny word-play on a name being similar to a female celebrity.

I agree 100%.

Unfortunately theres a very loud group of people who love to get offended at the slightest thing, and they were apparently claiming this to be sexist. However its not a huge deal, nobody with any sort of sense cares about their opinions anyway.

ayrton2388

May 23, 2014
Then everyone remembered that the Flames had no chance of beating the Ducks, and we all agreed to hope that somebody would take out Perry’s knee before the end of the series.

That`s some great reporting right there....
What the **** is wrong with people nowadays?

Last edited:

Ignatius

LET HIM IN TO THE BOX
Apr 28, 2010
Sin Bin
8. Senators Score a Goal, Get Shut Out Anyway

When: April 26, as the Senators faced elimination in Game 6 against the Canadiens.

What: Trailing 1-0 midway through the second, the Senators scored the tying goal by banging a rebound past Carey Price. But the goal was disallowed because referee Chris Lee had lost sight of the puck and blown the play dead.

So you’ve got an elimination game, a tying goal that should have counted, and a mistake by a referee that wipes it out. Chaos, right? Except … when you watch the replay, it’s hard not to sympathize with Lee. He was in good position, and the puck just happened to squirt loose in the one spot he couldn’t possibly see it. Neither Price nor anyone else reacted as if the puck were free. So Lee did what the rules say he must do and blew the play dead — clearly before the puck entered the net. In hindsight, this one belongs more in the “terrible luck†category than in the “blown call†pile.

The aftermath: The 1-0 lead held up, as Price made 43 saves for the shutout. A last-second empty-netter made it a 2-0 final, ending the Senators’ season and sending Montreal on to the second round.

Not only did this happen but almost the exact same thing happen in the Predators - Blackhawks series. Chicago goalie makes a save, rebound goes to Nashville player with an open net shot, ref whistles play dead because allegedly they lost track of the puck. Nashville lost the game BTW by one goal IIRC.

Top controversy in 2015 Playoffs: REFS

CPHawksFan

That's Hockey Baby!!
Jun 17, 2011
Crown Point, IN
Not only did this happen but almost the exact same thing happen in the Predators - Blackhawks series. Chicago goalie makes a save, rebound goes to Nashville player with an open net shot, ref whistles play dead because allegedly they lost track of the puck. Nashville lost the game BTW by one goal IIRC.

Top controversy in 2015 Playoffs: REFS

So pretty much just like any other SC playoffs then

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->