GDT: #20 – Red Wings at Sabres – Wed Nov 23, 7:00PM ET – MSG-B

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Lehner has zero confidence in making a SO save as demonstrated by his post-game. Moulson should've shot if you're going to crow about the lineup, as Okposo's not proving to be any better than ROR at these. ROR would just do that slow wide build up like every other time and miss for an eighth time. I'd rather see Risto try it, TBH. Also, at least Reinhart's regularly included in the rotation now too. Regardless, finish some ****ing chances in regulation or OT already.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
I'm more pissed we couldn't finish in regulation, game should have never went to overtime.

Reinhart missed two open nets
Larsson missed grade A chances
Foligno missed two partial breakaways

toomuchsauce

Jan 7, 2015
Payback for the Pittsburgh win that they didn't deserve.

At least Detroit looked awful. Despite losing, at least we know there is a team in the division worse than the Sabres. And all these lost points this year add up to a better draft pick, I guess, idk.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Lehner has zero confidence in making a SO save as demonstrated by his post-game. Moulson should've shot if you're going to crow about the lineup, as Okposo's not proving to be any better than ROR at these. ROR would just do that slow wide build up like every other time and miss for an eighth time. I'd rather see Risto try it, TBH. Also, at least Reinhart's regularly included in the rotation now too. Regardless, finish some ****ing chances in regulation or OT already.

Meh... ROR was 3 for 7 in 2013-14, and 3 for 6 in 2014-15, and then 0-6 last year. Did he get worse? KO was a dominant shoutout guy... And he's now 0-4 this year...

Shootouts are 1 on 1 talent matchups. Use your talent. Not ****ing plugs like COR...

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Payback for the Pittsburgh win that they didn't deserve.

At least Detroit looked awful. Despite losing, at least we know there is a team in the division worse than the Sabres. And all these lost points this year add up to a better draft pick, I guess, idk.

I'm fairly confident we're better than Toronto too, our roster is at least

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
Can anyone make a GBU? Would it be frowned upon if I jumped on it from time to time? I like posting my thoughts in them after the games, but after losses in particular there seems to be a bit of a delay. ;)

Shmuffalo

Brad May's Stand In
Feb 13, 2008
New York
Can anyone make a GBU? Would it be frowned upon if I jumped on it from time to time? I like posting my thoughts in them after the games, but after losses in particular there seems to be a bit of a delay. ;)

Ugly: You not posting a GBU thread.

Get on it!

Royisgone

Mar 7, 2012
Meh... ROR was 3 for 7 in 2013-14, and 3 for 6 in 2014-15, and then 0-6 last year. Did he get worse? KO was a dominant shoutout guy... And he's now 0-4 this year...

Shootouts are 1 on 1 talent matchups. Use your talent. Not ****ing plugs like COR...

Bylsma went with COR b/c COR scored in the last shootout!

Kind of laughable. A better coach would have realized that was a one time only lightning strike and given someone a little better a shot at it.

:laugh:

Sabretip

Jan 13, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
If Bylsma doesn't start focusing on shootout drills for the skaters and goalies in their practices, this team is going to give away a lot of valuable points they can't afford to forfeit.

Skaters were 4-27 last year and 3-11 so far this year.....

Goalies allowed 11 of 27 last year and 6 of 10 so far this year......

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
Well the good news is that a healthy makes this team a strong offensive group in the east. The bad news is that the entire group is on an unbelievable bad luck streak.

I wonder how much effect having an eichel level threat on the ice emboldens the other skaters. ROR, even clearly rusty and not in perfect shape just created opportunities that other players can't.

That type of support can really boost the confidence of guys, because it can build a belief that if they just keep pluggin away your alpha guy will open the floodgates. The point of the spear type of guy.

Getting Eichel gives you two of those guys.

Sabretip

Jan 13, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
I wonder how much effect having an eichel level threat on the ice emboldens the other skaters. ROR, even clearly rusty and not in perfect shape just created opportunities that other players can't.

That type of support can really boost the confidence of guys, because it can build a belief that if they just keep pluggin away your alpha guy will open the floodgates. The point of the spear type of guy.

I think O'Reilly and the Larsson line, through their relentless work ethic every shift, should inspire more of the same from their teammates.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad