GDT: #20 – Kings at Sabres – Tue Nov 12 – 7:00PM ET – MSG-B, Bell TV – WGR-AM

couture23

Jun 23, 2012
Toronto
I don't know about you, friends, but after a long day of watching press conferences nothing quite quenches my thirst quite like AQUAFINA® Brand water!

With a name like AQUAFINA®, you know that the water is fine! You know what? I think I will have a bottle right now.

images

You may be on to something, he may have a hidden advertising deal where he has to drink so much water to meet a quota.

I don't think the team is paying him enough to feed his family.

SatanwasaSlovak

Jan 18, 2013
Malmö, Skåne
You may be on to something, he may have a hidden advertising deal where he has to drink so much water to meet a quota.

I don't think the team is paying him enough to feed his family.

He's obviously paying the organisation to be coaching the team, there is no other logical explanation in keeping one of the worst coaches ever.

He can't afford enough food though, that's why he drinks water all the time. His bladder must be huge.

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
I'm really starting to hate Rolston. Not only does he act like he's Torts in interviews, but half of what he says doesn't even make sense. At least Torts won some games to back up his arrogance when talking to the media.

Q: How do you balance talking to your veteran players about your decisions opposed your rookies?

A: We talked. I talked to Cody.

Q: What about Leino?

A: I haven't talked to Leino, no. You just said it was obvious though, didn't you?

Q: So you think as a veteran guy he shouldn't hear from the coach?

A: He should and he did.

Yeah, okay Ron. Well played on that one.

Q: Have you done anything different to get through to the guys that they gotta stay out of the box?

A: The situation we're in in the league in terms of our record, we're certainly not going to get the benefit of a lot of calls so we have to be even more disciplined.

WHAT? How the hell does your position in the standings dictate what kind of calls you're going to get from the refs? This guy is seriously as clueless as he is annoying.

Deevo

Jul 25, 2006
Halifax, Nova Scotia
I'm really starting to hate Rolston. Not only does he act like he's Torts in interviews, but half of what he says doesn't even make sense. At least Torts won some games to back up his arrogance when talking to the media.

Q: How do you balance talking to your veteran players about your decisions opposed your rookies?

A: We talked. I talked to Cody.

Q: What about Leino?

A: I haven't talked to Leino, no. You just said it was obvious though, didn't you?

Q: So you think as a veteran guy he shouldn't hear from the coach?

A: He should and he did.

Yeah, okay Ron. Well played on that one.

Q: Have you done anything different to get through to the guys that they gotta stay out of the box?

A: The situation we're in in the league in terms of our record, we're certainly not going to get the benefit of a lot of calls so we have to be even more disciplined.

WHAT? How the hell does your position in the standings dictate what kind of calls you're going to get from the refs? This guy is seriously as clueless as he is annoying.

Maybe he was referring to the controversial physical play that we've seen from the likes of Scott and Kaleta? "Record" can have a couple meanings.

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
Maybe he was referring to the controversial physical play that we've seen from the likes of Scott and Kaleta? "Record" can have a couple meanings.

Maybe. Even if that's the case, he still didn't answer the question. At all.

CarlWinslow

@hiphopsicles
Jan 25, 2010
Winnipeg
Who has he "ruined"?

He hasn't ruinED anyone. I said he is ruinING.

Perhaps I'm jumping to conclusions but I would suspect that most good player developers will not say that the best way to improve prospects is by scratching them for no good reason or by scratching them when they could be playing elsewhere and actually working on their game.

Certainly making a guy a healthy scratch can have its place as a learning tool but that is supposed happen once in a while. The common opinion amongst good player developers is that to improve, players need to play. That's not a secret.

With Rolston, though, even when they do play, he generally gives them bad minutes with poorly composed lines and sets them up for failure.

In the end, Ville Leino not being scratched and Larsson being scratched is an absolute joke. Leino has made nearly 0 good plays this season while Larsson, despite making the odd mistake, has been very good in multiple areas... provides a forecheck this team is starving for and creates chances.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
Rolston9.jpg

you took my culligan jug from my ahfice?

36517057001_2088792625001_900944612-158-1357967696045.jpg

SELPHIE!!!!!

rolston.jpg

Together now! "FRRREEEEEERRRRRREEEEEE JAAACQUES, FREREEEEEE JACQUES, DORMEZ VOUS!"

162307164_slide.jpg

Is that the Kopy/Brown/Williams line about to take a faissahf in our duhfentzuf zoan?? OMG OMGahd, Enner GO! Hahjzi go!

092413-NHL-Buffalo-Sabres-Ron-Rolston-JA-PI_20130924204520229_660_320.JPG

Wow... this NHL coaching thing isn't what I thought it'd be... Enner, GO... *Slurp* *swish* *delay response*

Jeremy2020

Dec 27, 2005
Austin, TX
He takes a nice photo that can be made hilarious. Do we get more entertainment from Rolly's flailing or from the Sabres competing? I'm just not sure...

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Whoever put those stickers on should be fired.

Looks like that's a manufactured "R" ..ha

ckg927

Apr 2, 2007
Buffalo, NY
He is supposed to be good with the young guys... Yet here he is, ruining multiple promising prospects so Ville Leino and Jamie McBain can play.... :help:

And that, in a nutshell, is why I want him OUT of here.

The way Rolston is rearranging the lineup seemingly at whim and screwing about with our much-touted prospects, this "rebuild" that everyone touts will take much longer to complete.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->