GDT: #20 – Kings at Sabres – Tue Nov 12 – 7:00PM ET – MSG-B, Bell TV – WGR-AM

couture23

Jun 23, 2012
Toronto
I think we should make "Rolston" a term similar to "Munson" from Kingpin, but instead of it meaning being up a creek without a paddle, it should be to explain why something inexplicable or completely moronic happened.

Ryan Miller: "Did you hear Larsson got benched tonight? What's up with that?"
Steve Ott: "I have no idea, he got completely Rolstoned on that one."

We have a winner.

CarlWinslow

@hiphopsicles
Jan 25, 2010
Winnipeg
I literally hate Rolston more every single day.

Larsson benched.

Also, why in the hell is Ristolainen here if he isn't going to play? Do what smart successful teams do and send him somewhere where he can play already...

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
His name plate is hanging in the Sabres locker room as of this morning.

And he was on the ice in Rochester, practicing for tomorrow's game against Hamilton. You would think he'd be skating with the Sabres if he was in tonight.

I think we should make "Rolston" a term similar to "Munson" from Kingpin, but instead of it meaning being up a creek without a paddle, it should be to explain why something inexplicable or completely moronic happened.

Ryan Miller: "Did you hear Larsson got benched tonight? What's up with that?"
Steve Ott: "I have no idea, he got completely Rolstoned on that one."

I did something similar with Howson during his GM days with CBJ. Very useful.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Dan Dunleavy previews Tuesday night's game against the Kings at First Niagara Center.
[NHL]482825[/NHL]

Ron Rolston speaks with the media following Tuesday's morning skate at First Niagara Center.
[NHL]482810[/NHL]

SABRES LOOK TO ADOPT ROAD MINDSET AT HOME

9 Steve Ott – 19 Cody Hodgson – 26 Matt Moulson
23 Ville Leino – 63 Tyler Ennis – 21 Drew Stafford
28 Zemgus Girgensons – 82 Marcus Foligno – 65 Brian Flynn
25 Mikhail Grigorenko – 8 Cody McCormick – 78 Corey Tropp

10 Christian Ehrhoff – 3 Mark Pysyk
20 Henrik Tallinder – 57 Tyler Myers
4 Jamie McBain – 55 Rasmus Ristolainen

30 Ryan Miller
1 Jhonas Enroth

Scratched: 22 Johan Larsson, 32 John Scott, 61 Nikita Zadorov
Injured Reserve: 6 Mike Weber

Last edited:

cardiffgiant

Continue without supporting us
Sep 28, 2005
Wow, I like the way that Zads and Larsson have played recently and was looking forward to seeing them in the line up tonight. Fortunately... I'll still be able to watch Leino and McFrickenBain.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Drew Stafford speaks with the media following Tuesday's morning skate at First Niagara Center.
[NHL]482834[/NHL]

Ville Leino speaks with the media following Tuesday's morning skate at First Niagara Center.
[NHL]482840[/NHL]

Brian Flynn speaks with the media following Tuesday's morning skate at First Niagara Center.
[NHL]482847[/NHL]

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I'm seeing a recurring theme of "I don't know why I was scratched" from the players. This screams a huge communication issue between Rolston and the team.

If I'm giving feedback to the team, it would simply be, "Here's what you did wrong, here's what I want you to do, and this is your punishment." The player may not agree with your assessment, but at least they will always know why they're being benched.

Compared to the comments out of Colorado about how Roy's communications are clear and handled between player and coach, then moved forward from rather than lingered over. Rolston's doing everything Ruff did wrong and nothing he himself did right last season -- plus he's worse at what Ruff did well.

cardiffgiant

Continue without supporting us
Sep 28, 2005
Compared to the comments out of Colorado about how Roy's communications are clear and handled between player and coach, then moved forward from rather than lingered over. Rolston's doing everything Ruff did wrong and nothing he himself did right last season -- plus he's worse at what Ruff did well.

And, let's also not forget that he sucks.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
He drinks 5 times in the first 2:40, finishes the bottle. I wonder how many times he'd have drunk throughout the interview if he hadn't run out.

The Ron Rolston drinking game: Not a game for him.

CarlWinslow

@hiphopsicles
Jan 25, 2010
Winnipeg
He is supposed to be good with the young guys... Yet here he is, ruining multiple promising prospects so Ville Leino and Jamie McBain can play.... :help:

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
LMAO 8 seconds into the press conference he takes a sip of his damn water.

**** you so much Rolston.
I don't know about you, friends, but after a long day of watching press conferences nothing quite quenches my thirst quite like AQUAFINA® Brand water!

With a name like AQUAFINA®, you know that the water is fine! You know what? I think I will have a bottle right now.

images

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
How has Girgs performed thus far for you guys? Was interested when he was drafted, just curious what he's done and how long you expect him to stay up. Good luck tonight. Cheers.

Sabretooth

May 14, 2013
Ohio
How has Girgs performed thus far for you guys? Was interested when he was drafted, just curious what he's done and how long you expect him to stay up. Good luck tonight. Cheers.

Scored the only 2 goals last game vs. the ducks in his clear best game of the year. Has seemed to struggle with effort/compete level/speed of the game/intensity/etc for most of the year, but he's been improving.

He should be with the team all year. He's not eligible for the AHL and his ELC started last year. He can only go to back to Juniors, and its unlikely he'll get sent back there.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Interesting numbers:

@BuffNewsVogl
Say what you will about Patrick Kaleta, but here's a fact. Sabres penalty kill was 93.3 percent with him. It is 75.5 percent without him.

gallagt01

Jun 10, 2006
Sloan
Scored the only 2 goals last game vs. the ducks in his clear best game of the year. Has seemed to struggle with effort/compete level/speed of the game/intensity/etc for most of the year, but he's been improving.

He should be with the team all year. He's not eligible for the AHL and his ELC started last year. He can only go to back to Juniors, and its unlikely he'll get sent back there.

He was asking about Girgensons, I believe. Too many Gs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad