GDT: [#2] Winnipeg Jets @ Dallas Stars, 2:00 AM EEST (FS-SW) - Another One Bites the Polak

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
Texas winning all over the place. Longhorns knock off Sooners, Astros win and of course the Stars. Looks like Cowboys win tomorrow.

Oh wait they’re playing Houston; guess it will be a tie game.

Reactions: SourTemplePilot

SourTemplePilot

Go Stars!!
Oct 10, 2017
Dallas, TX
Polak and Bowness are best buds now! Lest we forget that.

Monty may get on board tomorrow. Bowness pushing for more ice time for our new number 1 D! Working out..

Hey Heika, report that you clarinet player. :laugh:

SourTemplePilot

Go Stars!!
Oct 10, 2017
Dallas, TX
For those that clicked over..

It was Benn and Seguin wrecking shop. Heiskanen wasn't noticeable which is good.

X-factor? Polak carried the game on his stick, shoulder, and crest.

Seems like we just drafted him. Showed up and showed out. Solidified the true top pairing for now. Impressed many.

Bishop, while not standing on his head, was there when the Stars needed him.

No one else showed up. The end. Got the W!

Polak, his wife, and mistress will have a great night. Hope ya'll do too. :)

SourTemplePilot

Go Stars!!
Oct 10, 2017
Dallas, TX
Polak is elite

Doubted you, but I came around. Dominated this game. His leadership can't be measured by the length of his stick.

If there ever was a d*** measuring contest for 1st pairing, then he won outright..

And in the locker room too. :sarcasm:

Quite simply, he has changed the culture within that room. Look forward to so much sexess.

He should have beat out McDavid and Matthews in that GQ spread.

Oh well, he now expressing his true anger at being rejected.

The march and it's orders shall go forth..

10/9/2018 - Judgement Day o_O

jballa95

Aug 18, 2013
Well even though the game was a lot closer than the score-sheet represents; the Stars played a much better game against the Jets than they have in a long time.

SourTemplePilot

Go Stars!!
Oct 10, 2017
Dallas, TX
Well even though the game was a lot closer than the score-sheet represents; the Stars played a much better game against the Jets than they have in a long time.

The first period mirrors your post. However, the Stars did a good *not great* job at limiting there time in our zone.

Minus the first 3 minutes in the third, they did a good job at shutting down the Jets collectively.

I didn't hear Scheifle's name called more than once in the second half of this tilt. Which is a great thing!!

Laine? Too busy staring at big titties in the stands. :eek:

They suppressed the big guy and our players took full advantage, but the Jets had a gud game tho..

h5M5sgF.gif

Reactions: pateramus

jballa95

Aug 18, 2013
The first period mirrors your post. However, the Stars did a good *not great* job at limiting there time in our zone.

Minus the first 3 minutes in the third, they did a good job at shutting down the Jets collectively.

I didn't hear Scheifle's name called more than once in the second half of this tilt. Which is a great thing!!

Laine? Too busy staring at big ******* in the stands. :eek:

They suppressed the big guy and our players took full advantage, but the Jets had a gud game tho..

h5M5sgF.gif
Oh I totally agree, while the Stars did a MUCH better job at containing the Jets, which I think the aggressive styled defense had a lot to do with. The Stars still allowed several key scoring chances which Bishop rejected, but the Jets being one of the Cup contenders that was inevitable. The Stars really impressed me with this win and their aggressive limitation of time and space.

Reactions: SourTemplePilot

SourTemplePilot

Go Stars!!
Oct 10, 2017
Dallas, TX
Oh I totally agree, while the Stars did a MUCH better job at containing the Jets, which I think the aggressive styled defense had a lot to do with. The Stars still allowed several key scoring chances which Bishop rejected, but the Jets being one of the Cup contenders that was inevitable. The Stars really impressed me with this win and their aggressive limitation of time and space.

You're right. Perhaps a lil too much hype gone to my head. I'll just settle with your assessment cuz I like it. It looks good. It is well structured. We'll take it into Tuesday. Then, lets look at it again.

Here's hoping they tighten it up a bit. :handclap:

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010

Agreed. There will never be a perfect team - we're bound to give up some chances and lose some games, but so far we've been keeping that to a minimum and that's all you can ask for.

Really happy with this opening weekend. Leafs have struggled a bit as well - starting 3-0 could be a huge confidence booster (even moreso than they already have).

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
@serp @SourTemplePilot

haha pretty cool you guys showed it off. Ya man I got lucky with the seats, a friend of mine was out of town and just gave them to me. Was able to get in on a pretty sweet photo with my dad. I got the classic Stars jersey while my dad is next to me leaning over to hit the glass lol!

As for the trip, my first game at the AAC was back in 2015, and since then the Stars are 6-0 at games i attend in Dallas. Tonight was the real test and looks like my luck is an actual thing haha.

Attachments

• dallasscrum.jpg
    dallasscrum.jpg
    331.3 KB · Views: 17

SourTemplePilot

Go Stars!!
Oct 10, 2017
Dallas, TX
@serp @SourTemplePilot

haha pretty cool you guys showed it off. Ya man I got lucky with the seats, a friend of mine was out of town and just gave them to me. Was able to get in on a pretty sweet photo with my dad. I got the classic Stars jersey while my dad is next to me leaning over to hit the glass lol!

As for the trip, my first game at the AAC was back in 2015, and since then the Stars are 6-0 at games i attend in Dallas. Tonight was the real test and looks like my luck is an actual thing haha.

Looked awesome! Haven't been on the glass since 2004. Looked better than ever. Awesome footage. :thumbu:

Reactions: MBTendy

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Looking through the game again . Shore was pretty good again and had several great chances . He looks poised to have a good season . Early in the game he completely destroyed Hellebuycks stick on a scoring chance .

at 1:20 you could see parts of goalie stick flying around .

Reactions: Kcb12345

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
Looking through the game again . Shore was pretty good again and had several great chances . He looks poised to have a good season . Early in the game he completely destroyed Hellebuycks stick on a scoring chance .

at 1:20 you could see parts of goalie stick flying around .

Shore has looked really good through the first 2 games . That top line though , man are they dialed in . It’s only two games in but its been a while since I’ve seen the team play as confident and composed of a game as they did last night. Heiskanen is a big part of that .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->