Rumor: 2 Western teams interested in Brassard

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnipeNCelly

Feb 24, 2019
I don't see why we'd want Simmonds, where are we going to play him? I'd rather Bennett or Frolik playing with Backlund/Tkachuk. Does he bump Neal to the fourth line?
Yeah I believe Simmonds will be bumping neal and possibly frolik but at the same time you dont wanna mess with the chemistry on the 2nd line

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Well since McPhee seems to be the new Dean Lombardi of being interested in everyone with a familiar name, I'd say one of those two teams is Vegas.

Lemieuxs

Nov 23, 2013
Brassard has turned into quite the journeyman

In 40 games this season with the Penguins he had 9 goals and 6 assists. Apparently the system and where he was being slotted was the issue. So he goes to Florida and in 10 games puts up 1 goal and 3 assists. You do the math. The guy just doesn't seem to have it anymore. The Penguins tried everything from center to wing.

debil

Sep 23, 2006
I dont want to pay for bottom line plug players. get these guys in free agency.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Can Brassard play on the wing or is he primarily a center?

With Seguin and Spezza already set down the middle, I don't see Dallas gunning too hard for Brassard if he's primarily a pivot. Spezza wouldn't get bumped to the 3rd line for him, I don't think.

Lemieuxs

Nov 23, 2013
If you think he would play 4th line you are mistaken. He was pouting playing the Pens third line. The only energy we saw him have all year was when he was bumped up to Sid's wing for a few games. He started hitting again and moving his feet. He doesn't see himself as a bottom 6 guy, and to be fair to him he wasn't in that role in Ottawa.

Reactions: Patty Ice

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
3 team trade dallas chicago florida

Hawks get stars 2nd rounder ---acquire assets get rid of anisimov and money
Dallas gets brassard as a rental help while zucc hurt
Florida gets anisimov for a center under contract and help recruit panarin and bob in the summer

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida

Florida gets anisimov for a center under contract and help recruit panarin and bob in the summer
Yeah how about no.

Patty Ice

Straight to the Banc
Feb 27, 2002
Not California
If you think he would play 4th line you are mistaken. He was pouting playing the Pens third line. The only energy we saw him have all year was when he was bumped up to Sid's wing for a few games. He started hitting again and moving his feet. He doesn't see himself as a bottom 6 guy, and to be fair to him he wasn't in that role in Ottawa.

That makes a lot of sense. Back to Eric Fehr which I wouldn't mind. Just not for Ryan.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010

Stars don't have a 2nd rounder until 2021.

Florida doesn't want to add any salary.

Seems like a way for Chicago to dump a contract and get a pick.

Reactions: I am not exposed
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad