2 v 2 Trade offer, Keeper league, Points Only

PhillyFaninMTL

Mar 30, 2016
Montreal
Was offered a trade last night that piqued my interest but wanted to see if it's good value or if I'm just biased

Giroux
Pastrnak

for

Tavares
Hischier

10 team keeper league with a 7 player protection list, points only

Brockon

Cautiously optimistic realist when caffeinated.
Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada
Giroux Pastrnak is the safe bet.

Tavares - Pastrnak is going to be pretty close to a wash.

But Giroux is a well ahead of Hischier at present. 2-3 years down the road, I'd take Hischier over present day Giroux - maybe I'm optimistic about Hischier's development curve and hopeful about my future fantasy scape but...

Out of curiosity, who were your keepers this year? That could also be something to consider is how future orientated are your keepers. Maybe you do need a few younger promising players, while Giroux holds trade value.

PhillyFaninMTL

Mar 30, 2016
Montreal
Giroux Pastrnak is the safe bet.

Tavares - Pastrnak is going to be pretty close to a wash.

But Giroux is a well ahead of Hischier at present. 2-3 years down the road, I'd take Hischier over present day Giroux - maybe I'm optimistic about Hischier's development curve and hopeful about my future fantasy scape but...

Out of curiosity, who were your keepers this year? That could also be something to consider is how future orientated are your keepers. Maybe you do need a few younger promising players, while Giroux holds trade value.

That's exactly the same way I looked at it. I saw it as a win now and potentially a wash in the future, since Pastrnak is only a few years older than Hischier. I'm high on Hischier but I see him topping out as a 2-way 65-70 point guy while Pasta should be good for 80+. I just bought the team from someone else last season so I'm currently rebuilding.

My keepers were: Seguin, Tavares, Bergeron, Keller, Hischier, S. Reinhart and Duchene. However, I was able to draft Boeser in the first round of the pool this year so he will be in my protected list next year. (Also got Couturier and Stone FWIW)

Thanks for the imput!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->