GDT: [#2-Pre] Dallas Stars @ Minnesota Wild (7:00 PM CST, FS-SW)

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I don't know why everyone is upset that Dowling will make the roster, he's better than some of the other options and he's the type a player you don't give a **** about sitting in a press box for 20+ games at a time

Is he an average player? 100%.. but the dude is a solid all around player that can play.. if hes the 4C.. so be it. Better than Noesen, Dellandrea, Upshall, or any other option we have.

Think we're all just mad our younger guys aren't stepping up and forcing their way onto the roster. Dowling is perfectly fine 4th line player I was just hoping for some change down there. Kiviranta has a good chance tho and there's still a lot of preseason left

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I liked Sekera a lot. That game could've been uglier if we didn't have Heiskanen and Sekera out there.

I do too. Not used to seeing someone with Heiskanen that can skate well and complete a pass consistently

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
It’s not as if a vast majority of young players never end up making the NHL. None of this should be too surprising.

Dowling will be fine as a 4th line center. If he’s not working out well maybe we can sign Brian Boyle or something.

Zapp

Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
I dont think theres any question Kiviranta makes the team. Since Traverse to now he's created too much separation between himself and the other players that should be in the running.

Robertson hasn't shown anything yet and Dellandrea needs to take another step. Everyone else basically just as invisible.

Benneguin

Original Recipe
May 26, 2015
It’s not as if a vast majority of young players never end up making the NHL. None of this should be too surprising.

Dowling will be fine as a 4th line center. If he’s not working out well maybe we can sign Brian Boyle or something.

And Dallas' top prospects struggling to make an impact shouldn't be surprising either. It would be shrewd for Nill to just trade his top prospects the day after the draft, while their value is at their peak.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
And Dallas' top prospects struggling to make an impact shouldn't be surprising either. It would be shrewd for Nill to just trade his top prospects the day after the draft, while their value is at their peak.

They're clearly not ready for the NHL. That doesn't mean they're worthless. I'm sure some of them could pop off a strong preseason game or two, but to expect them to have sustained success over multiple games is a bit much.

Showing little to nothing in the preseason is not a concern.

Benneguin

Original Recipe
May 26, 2015
They're clearly not ready for the NHL. That doesn't mean they're worthless. I'm sure some of them could pop off a strong preseason game or two, but to expect them to have sustained success over multiple games is a bit much.

Showing little to nothing in the preseason is not a concern.

My point exactly. They are not worthless, yet.

Reactions: LatvianTwist

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad