2 piece stick question

Wingsrule

Mar 24, 2007
I still use Sherwood 5030 woodies , but have been very interested in moving to a 2 pice. Here is my question. Is it a big deal to use a shaft from one manufacturer and then use a blade from another? I wasn't sure if same manufacturer combinations worked better or it didn't matter much.

I have been considering a Warrior shaft, but the curve patterns I prefer are from different manufacturers.

Thanks in advance for your advice and opinions.

BlueJackets39

Jun 9, 2008
Fairborn, Ohio
I've heard that some brands being "mixed and matched" can create problems, but I've never had any issues.

I use an Easton brand Lidstrom curve and Reebok shafts...no issues from me.

Hope this helps.

kingpest19

Sep 21, 2004
I still use Sherwood 5030 woodies , but have been very interested in moving to a 2 pice. Here is my question. Is it a big deal to use a shaft from one manufacturer and then use a blade from another? I wasn't sure if same manufacturer combinations worked better or it didn't matter much.

I have been considering a Warrior shaft, but the curve patterns I prefer are from different manufacturers.

Only issue I can think of is the fit. Some hosels might be a touch bigger, some might be a touch smaller.

UserName

Jul 4, 2003
Visit site

i use a warrior ak 27 shaft with a easton lidstrom wood blade. no problems with fit at all.

IniNew

Dec 8, 2008
Keller
Only issue I can think of is the fit. Some hosels might be a touch bigger, some might be a touch smaller.

I actually had this problem with my TPS shaft and Easton blade. I just used a bit more glue than you normally would and it was fine.

iceman_88888888

Nov 23, 2005
i believe the only problem you'll have is if you have either a tps shaft or blade. all the other brands will fit each other except for the tps because they have a finer taper. so if you put a tps blade into any other shaft, it'll wobble. if you put any blade into a tps shaft, it'll be too thick and you have to shave down the hosel of the blade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad