#2 Pick 2017

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
Does Lilgegren seem like a Klingberg clone?

Dynamic offensively, but iffy defensively?

Duffeldof

Jun 28, 2014
If we can get top center we have to take it. After Spezza is done for us we are really lacking that 1-2C.

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
Liljegren being an elite skater helps him defensively imo and his potential is sky high, but you got to pick hischier at 2

I'm shocked that the poll is so decisive.

I can see both sides of it.

The forward is almost always the safer pick.

If Lilgegren is a high likelihood #1D or top pairing D, and he's close to NHL-ready, that's harder to find than a #1C or #2C.

...I just don't have a good enough bead on Liljegren to make that call. It looks like he's been sent down to SWE-1 from the SEL, which is worrisome without knowing much about the situation over there.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Not only Spezza, but recently, we have wondered if Tyler will want to stick around or test the UFA market when he gets there. Seemed like a sure resigning bet last year, but if next year is like this one, he will have second thoughts. A young center might fit right in.

We have bodies on D, although no No. 1 stud, but we might end up being short on centers. Eakin might be gone, leaving Faksa, Dickenson and the new guy, assuming Spezzas production declines with age. $7M is a lot for 16, 30 and whatever goals he ends up with this year. See no reason to expect more than 15 out of him the rest of the way.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
The poll is only decisive because none of us get to watch Liljegren at all and Hischier was dominant at the WJC and has been sick all year long.

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
The poll is only decisive because none of us get to watch Liljegren at all and Hischier was dominant at the WJC and has been sick all year long.

Yeah I can't say much or really anything about Lilly. Hischier would be great to add up front. Would Nill even pick him? He's not Russian and isn't 6'6 ;)

It would be better if Liljegren was a LHD

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
Yeah I can't say much or really anything about Lilly. Hischier would be great to add up front. Would Nill even pick him? He's not Russian and isn't 6'6 ;)

It would be better if Liljegren was a LHD

Haha.

I wish Liljegren was a lefty as well.

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003

I agree. The Euros get slighted due to lack of visibility by us commoners.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00