Proposal: 2 Pens trades (COL and VGK)

Shaffer

GuentzGoal
May 20, 2017
First trade:

Pitt: Karlsson+ Pit 2018 4th
The Pit 4th has been traded around. First to Tampa for Mark Streit and then to Vegas for Expansion draft.

Vegas: Kuhnackl+2nd

Second trade:

Pitt: Soderberg at 50%

Col: Pouliot+Pit 2018 4th

Thoughts? Who adds?

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
First trade:

The Pit 4th has been traded around. First to Tampa for Mark Streit and then to Vegas for Expansion draft.

Second trade:

Thoughts? Who adds?

I'd do the Colorado one in a second, Soderberg has no future here.

MrPeePee

Jul 14, 2013
Colorado should give a pick to get rid of Soderberg without anything in return. That salary is brutal for someone who takes most the season off

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Soderberg is still a good player, but 50% retention is too much to eat for three years, especially since that drops the Pen's portion to less than 2.5m which is an absolute steal for a guy who should be good for 45-50 points on a high powered Pens offense. I'll take a shot at Pouliot while retaining enough to take it down below 4m for you, but if you want to reduce his cap hit by 50% more than a 4th has to come back. That's 7m in salary you're asking the Avs to pay out to watch him play somewhere else, that's worth way more than Pouliot and a 4th.

Oh, and we don't need to pay to dump his salary. We have no cap issues at all, and no major contracts to sign until the last year of his deal.

Deam78

Aug 16, 2017
First trade:

Second trade:

Thoughts? Who adds?

Neutral fan here. I think if you plan on acquiring Soderberg, then Kuhnackl would be more useful than Karlsson, so no need for this trade. As for the AVs trade, I think if you give up Pouliot, you can get more thant Soderberg, but you cold build around this base.

I don't know for the Avs fan, but maybe an all-in trade like Pouliot-Hagelin-high pick for Landeskog?

Deam78

Aug 16, 2017
50% retention for all those years is absurd, not without a serious add on the Pens part.

Not even in the same hemisphere as what Landeskog would cost.

I'm having a little of trouble to see what is wanted in return for Landeskog. Not trying to be insulting or whatever, just don't know him a lot. I still think Pouliot is a pretty interesting prospect though

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I'm having a little of trouble to see what is wanted in return for Landeskog. Not trying to be insulting or whatever, just don't know him a lot. I still think Pouliot is a pretty interesting prospect though

I mean he really isn't. He's sprinting towards bust territory and while Soda for him could be interesting, he will in no way, shape, or form be the main piece in a Landy trade.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
I don't know, IMO he's still got potential

If he can't break out in a sheltered role on the best team in the league he won't move the gauge ad a fringe bust prospect on the worst team in the league (give or take...no offense Aves fans trying to back up your perceived value here).

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I don't know, IMO he's still got potential

He's 23 and hasn't been able to cut it at the NHL level pretty much at all. I'd take him for sure, but he shouldn't be the main part of a return in any trade with a big name player.

Avsblitzkrieg

May 1, 2016
Westminster
I don't understand, how did it go f om Soderberg to Landy. We ain't taking that. No interest in losing Landy think short of a major overpay.

Soderberg, is a good depth piece. Slightly overpaid. We can make the salary work for the right deal.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Landeskog doesn't fit the Pens needs unless he's magically turned into a centre.

Which would make a trade for Pouliot + Hagelin or whoever even more unlikely. And I like what Pouliot has to offer, he had a decent 15-16 season before an absolute car crash 16-17 - although even that season was bookended by two decent games, shame about the injury and everything else in the middle - I think there's good odds that in the right spot he puts his career back on track. But that doesn't put him in the same neighbourhood as Landeskog value wise.

Anyway, those trades would be dreamy from a Pitt perspective, which possibly means they're a tad undervalued.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
avs say yes, vegas says no.

Karlsson and a 4th has to be worth more than Kuhnackl and what will likely be one of the last picks of rd 2 (55-62 overall).

take away the 4th maybe.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
avs say yes, vegas says no.

Karlsson and a 4th has to be worth more than Kuhnackl and what will likely be one of the last picks of rd 2 (55-62 overall).

take away the 4th maybe.

Would Vegas be interested if Pittsburgh added a decent forward prospect?

888 98 twins

Got you back not your wallet
Feb 12, 2008
Burgh
Yeah, don't want Soderberg for free even if COL were allowed to retain 75%. Karlsson deal I would do in a heartbeat.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Pouliot is a freebie throw-in level asset for one of our big names (like Grigorenko was for ROR), but for Soderberg who apparently mutually hates our coach, that's an interesting offer. Like I said though, the retention would have to be way less. We can't eat 7 million dollars just to give a shot to a last-chancer, even for a position of dire need like LHD.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Vegas will not do any trades for non waiver exempt NHL'ers. They are overstocked in every position.

Every trade must be picks and / or prospects.

I would part with Karlsson as there are multiple players just like him in Haula, and Lindberg.

What prospect would Pitt give for him realistically?

Zero Pucks

Size matters
May 17, 2009
Kuhnhackl for Soderberg at 50% is about the most I'd be willing to give.

I'd be interested in Soderberg but only at a very low price. Kuhnhackl doesn't really seem to fit into our lineup, unless we get hammered with injuries before the season begins.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad