Post-Game Talk: #2| New York Islanders @ Boston Bruins | May 31ST | 7:30 PM | F/OTW 4-3

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011

Actually the title of the Tweet misses out on all the good points Trotz made other than dig in. He covered Barzal maturing, he is a Team first guy, he does not have much issue in his game, he is a proud guy, his line has been productive, he will find the back of the net, he trusts him. I actually think this Tweet was more complimentary rather than a kick in the pants.

Reactions: JKP and SI90

SayItAintSoJohnny

Jun 30, 2018
It was a predictable Trotz reply. Truth is that line has struggled immensely in the playoffs offensively.

We've scored 23 goals in the playoffs so far. Of those:

7 have come from the second line (I included Bailey's OT gimme from Jarry)
7 have come from the third line (including Palmeiri's OT winner)
4 have come from the power play
2 have come from the fourth line (Clutterbuck on both)

Of the last 3, most of the first line was out there but two were scored by the defenseman (Pelech on Sat and Mayfield in game 3 vs Pens) and the other (by Eberle) was assisted by Pageau who hadn't come off his shift yet (Barzal wasn't out there yet).

None of the three (Komarov/Barzal/Eberle) have an ES goal while all being out there.....

Zero, Zilch, Nodda

Last edited:

IIlya4Life

Jun 6, 2014
Paging Casey Cizikas? He has been missing since playoffs started. If anyone can locate him before game 2 that would go a long way in also getting a W tonight! Let’s Go Islanders! Pumped!

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
I think the mystery around the starting goaltender is gamesmanship from Trotz. I think he knows the Isles not only got severely outplayed, but that we're going to need any/all advantages to beat the Bruins just tonight - Much less the rest of the series. I'm sure that the Bruins don't care either way and probably know they have the Isles mentally on the ropes a bit.

Reactions: Chapin Landvogt

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
We all need to drop a deuce tonight! I did twice to cover for anyone running on empty.

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
I can't imagine the Bruins give a flying puck who's in goal against them. They show up and play their game.

Reactions: periferal

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
I legit don't care if we get beat tonight as long as we get on Pasternak and don't give him nearly as much room as game one. He had so much room to do whatever he wanted in game 1 that he was probably wondering why the Bruins sold out their morning skate.

If whomever is up on Pasta gets beat - So be it and you work on improving your defensive players in the offseason, but the plan on falling back and letting him have oodles os space with/without the puck is totally unacceptable.

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
I can't decide if we want low carb, or just devour a big plate of pasta.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Is it bad that based on game 1 I don't have a lot of faith in a win tonight so I would sign up for the Canadians beating the Leafs?
There's always the possibility this could be one of those series where the home team wins each game thru game 6 and then it's game 7 for all the marbles.

Reactions: chico19341

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
There's always the possibility this could be one of those series where the home team wins each game thru game 6 and then it's game 7 for all the marbles.

Based on how both teams played in game 1 there's nothing to suggest we can hang our hat on "possible." The Bruins looked like a team on a totally different level than the Isles (like the Avs did with Vegas last night).

Now if we signed Ovechkin to take Komarov's spot with Barzal and I just missed it then of course I'll feel different.

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
Since Dobson has come back from Covid he has not been the same player. Not nearly as agressive making poor descisions and getting manhandled physically.

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
It would help if he played with top line quality players instead of one guy who loses every physical battle and another who has minimal skill for an NHL player and hands of stone. How would Nelson be performing with if you put him on this line and Barzal with Tito and Bailey?

Nelson is not a franchise center men. With that role and pay grade, expectations are higher.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Hopefully Varly is on his game and his timing is back. Sorokin still played well in game 1. He’s the hot goalie. I’m a bit surprised.
I have trust in Varly but he didn’t look right to me in the 2 games he played against the pens.

Nassau Revisited

Jun 16, 2017
Hopefully Varly is on his game and his timing is back. Sorokin still played well in game 1. He’s the hot goalie. I’m a bit surprised.
I have trust in Varly but he didn’t look right to me in the 2 games he played against the pens.

Seems strange that Trotz chose that to shake up the team instead of changing up the lines a little

Reactions: SI90

Not4u

Dec 2, 2013
Manhattan
If Varly is healthy we should be fine, but I didnt think Sorokin did anything that should have him on the bench. The kids been great

Reactions: SI90

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->