Post-Game Talk: #2| New York Islanders @ Boston Bruins | May 31ST | 7:30 PM | F/OTW 4-3

dlawong

Nov 24, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
I think the key to unscreen your goalie is to go down and turn your leg outward to block shot and deflect it to the corners or boards instead toward the net. It is something that is only done well through multiple experience and a lot of practices. Usually the forwards are the one should be doing it as D's job is usually guard the front near the net tie up sticks of opposing forwards. Maybe there is confusion between the D and the forwards about who needs to help out the goalie. The worst is standing still in the lane not tying up any opposing player stack. I know there are few players in the league great at blocking shots perfectly but less done well these days maybe due to the speed of the forwards.

Suffolkbull3

Apr 27, 2016
LETSSSS GOOOOOOO!!!! Cant wait for Thursday!!!!!! nvmc is going to be INSANE!!! cant waitttt!!!!! LGI!!!!

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Not being dramatic here, I was having heart palpitations last ten minutes of the 3rd and all through OT. Felt like I couldn't catch my breath and was wincing a lot. Thought for sure Boston was going to finish us off. Islander's still need to wake up. There's very little of this series that they've played their best so far. That has to change. At least announcers are finally realizing we are doing this all without Anders Lee.

Axel574

Dec 9, 2015
Not being dramatic here, I was having heart palpitations last ten minutes of the 3rd and all through OT. Felt like I couldn't catch my breath and was wincing a lot. Thought for sure Boston was going to finish us off. Islander's still need to wake up. There's very little of this series that they've played their best so far. That has to change. At least announcers are finally realizing we are doing this all without Anders Lee.
Ummm... You should see a doctor. I'm not being dramatic, that isn't normal.

Reactions: Old Man Perriwinkle

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad