GDT: #2| Nashville Predators @ New York Islanders | October 6th | 7:00 PM | F/L 4-3

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
Maybe a shrewd move by Trotz - light a little fire under Lehner so that when he does get the nod, he’ll play lights out?

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Well Mrs MJF was going with me until she realized that it conflicts with the Yankees.

Having some friends over to watch the game (yanks) on the big screen while I keep tabs on the isles on the phone

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
Having some friends over to watch the game (yanks) on the big screen while I keep tabs on the isles on the phone

I don't mean to derail the game thread. But can someone please tell me why the NHL doesn't just start the NHL season 1-2 weeks earlier? So as to avoid starting during the start of the MLB playoffs AND at the same time allow the Stanley Cup Playoffs to finish before June.

I admit that I can hardly think of something more synonymous than Ice Hockey and the month of June. But still...

islescoop

Jul 24, 2011
Judging from Ticketmaster availability, looks like an awful crowd for opening day...

Sheva7

Work Hahd Play Smaht
Oct 11, 2011
Judging from Ticketmaster availability, looks like an awful crowd for opening day...
Now imagine we didn't have Barzal lol.... forget about going to the arena, it wouldn't even be worth watching on TV.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
Battle of the undefeated. Might be the only chance to say that on our behalf. Also great to know that Cal Cluttershutup with his big mouth and nice contact is holding his RW ranking just ahead of Zach Rinaldo.

Beat the Preds
LGI

Last edited:
Reactions: YearlyLottery

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Gonna be tough against this talented Preds team.
I like Subban as a player,but he is very chippy. I always hated his rough stuff against Tavares. Now I guess he focuses the chippy play against Barzal.

Let's go Isles.

2ndGenIslander

Feb 2, 2012
Nassau
yea tickets on stubhub are pretty cheap. sat night games in years past have been much more expensive than this, let along opening night..

can we move full time to Long Island already?

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
Keep winning and the seats will fill. Start the season meh and people will believe they're going nowhere. Only three home games in October. Need to finish the month in playoff position, or Barclays will be dead in November. Win 7 or 8 of those 11 games, and the narrative changes.

Quicklime

Sep 25, 2006
Denver, CO
Going to my first live NHL game in over a decade; can’t f***ing wait...!!!

I’ll be checking in hoping for good things. May the Preds and Flyers both leave the ice beaten.

LGI

aronjudge11

Jul 2, 2017
Bad attendance till December is normal, but with two years of missed playoffs, if attendance becomes horrible, Malkin will be "now everyone can see why I couldn't trade JT...It was JT or bust".

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
yea tickets on stubhub are pretty cheap. sat night games in years past have been much more expensive than this, let along opening night..

can we move full time to Long Island already?

It's also competing with a Yankees / Red Sox playoff game and a Saturday night. I'll be watching until that game starts and then split screening.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
AJ looking good and she knows how to get it through the 5 hole. What more could you want!

Her hockey knowledge is great. Very well spoken

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Everyone one of the Preds top4 Defensman would be our best Defensman. They’re stacked. Hamhuis is still good and he’s their #5/6

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad